This easy peasy pesto pasta is kid-approved in our house, and absolutely ideal for busy weeknights. You’ll love that it can be on the table in less than 15 minutes!
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
Also known in our house as Incredible Hulk pasta, this great pesto pasta recipe is green and proud!
Frozen peas and spinach are always in my freezer, but I often also have leftover steamed broccoli that can be chopped up and added in. It’s a whatever-goes type of dish, so use up whatever’s left in your fridge.
While this is a great vegetarian dinner, you could also add in some leftover shredded chicken, pancetta or bacon.
You May Also Enjoy 10 Tempting Vegetarian Pasta Recipes Perfect for Family Dinner
Easy Peasy Pesto Pasta
- Olive oil
- 4 tbsp of pesto (or more as desired)
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- 80g frozen peas
- 2-3 cubes of frozen spinach, leftover broccoli or other green veg (optional)
- Black pepper
- Grated Parmesan, to serve
- Cook your pasta according to packet instructions, drain and reserve a cup of the cooking water.
- Add a splash of olive oil to the pan, then add the pesto sauce. After a minute, add in the creme fraiche and enough of the reserved pasta water to create a sauce.
- Stir in the frozen peas, spinach leaves, broccoli or any other green vegetables.
- Return the pasta to the pan and stir to coat in the sauce. Add more pesto or creme fraiche as needed, stirring to combine.
- Season well with black pepper and serve topped with grated Parmesan.
You May Also Enjoy This Tasty Tomato and Bacon Pasta Is Ready In Under 30 Mins
Have you added our easy peasy pesto pasta to your dinner plan yet? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!