The comforting and enticing scent of lavender is an intriguing way to add something special to your cocktails. You won’t want to miss this recipe for lavender cocktail with lemon and gin and a family-friendly lavender lemonade.
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
This article first appeared in our November 2017 My Time Online Magazine.
We took inspiration from Naomi Lavelle’s recipe for lavender syrup for these recipes. You can check out her lavender ideas here.
“I decided to give this glamourous sounding cocktail and lemonade recipe a go – and the results are truly delicious! I thought the lavender would be quite strong, but it’s surprisingly subtle and my daughters loved the lemonade recipe.” – Jill, co-founder of Mykidstime
- 500ml (16 fl. oz) water
- 3 tbsp fresh lavender flowers (you can use dried if you don’t have fresh)
- 350g (12oz) caster sugar (granulated sugar would work too)
- Place the water and lavender in a saucepan over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer and leave for five minutes.
- Add the sugar and stir continuously until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool, then strain through a sieve into a container. Cover and refrigerate (the syrup can be stored for up to 3 weeks).
- Juice of 3-4 lemons
- 125ml (4 fl oz) lavender syrup
- 1½ litre (50 fl oz) sparkling water (or soda water)
- Mix the lemon juice with the syrup and sparkling water to taste.
- Serve with ice and garnish with a lavender stem.
You might also enjoy Summer Picnic Homemade Lemonade
Lavender Lemon Gin Cocktail
- 2 parts gin
- 1 part lavender syrup
- 1 part fresh lemon juice
- Prosecco (or tonic water if preferred)
- Combine the gin, lavender syrup and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake well and then strain into a glass.
- Top up with prosecco (or tonic water) and garnish with a sprig of lavender.
Thanks to Naomi for the inspiration. Slainte!
You might also enjoy 12 Christmas Non-Alcoholic Drinks that will put a Zing into your Season
Over to you now. Have you tried this recipe for Lavender Lemonade or the more grown up Lavender Cocktail with Lemon Gin? Tell us what you thought in the comments below.