Yeast dough pizza bases are the best, but sometimes you just want to create a quick pizza base that will be on the table in under an hour. Follow this simple, quick pizza dough recipe and add your favourite pizza topping for a great store cupboard dinner.
- 8oz (225g) Self raising white flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 40g (1.5ozs) butter or margarine
- 150ml (5 fl oz) skimmed milk
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees/ gas mark 5
- Add flour, salt and baking powder to a bowl.
- Rub in the butter or margarine until the mix resembles breadcrumbs.
- Bring together with the milk.
- Roll out on a floured surface. Place rolled dough on a baking sheet and blind bake at 180 degrees / gas mark 5 for approx 10 minutes, depending on thickness. Don’t let it brown as it will be going back into the oven with the toppings.
- Add your tomato sauce, toppings and cheese to your part cooked base and return to the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
While your base is cooking you can make a simple tomato sauce by pouring a bottle of passata into a frying pan with some onions, olive oil and mixed herbs. Cook over a medium heat until the sauce thickens.
Do you have any great pizza recipes ? Please let us know in comments below.