Carving a Halloween pumpkin? Make the most of the vibrant pumpkin flesh and transform it into delicious pumpkin muffins – they’re perfect for a seasonal snack, and would make a great addition to autumnal lunchboxes!
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
Carving a pumpkin at this time of year is one of the most exciting Halloween activities that kids look forward to – but your pumpkin is also a delicious meal or snack in itself!
You can also make a tasty snack with these easy recipes for roast pumpkin seeds, flavouring them with everything from simple salt and pepper to salted caramel – yum!
You May Also Enjoy 12 Perfect Pumpkin Recipes for the Family this Halloween
Seasonal Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- 3 large eggs
- 400g pumpkin flesh
- 200ml orange juice with bits
- 125g sultanas
- 300g plain flour
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g walnut pieces
- 270g jar apple sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Cut the pumpkin flesh up into pieces and cook in a saucepan with the orange juice for about 10 minutes, until soft. Then purée in a food processor or with a stick blender.
- In a mixing bowl, add the pumpkin purée, the apple sauce, walnuts and sultanas, and mix well. In another bowl, add all the dry ingredients (flour, caster sugar, baking powder, salt, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon) and mix well.
- Whisk the eggs together and add to the pumpkin mix. Then add this mix to the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Line a 12-hole muffin case with paper cases. Divide the mixture between the cases. Bake for 30 minutes, until risen and when a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
With thanks to Aldi for the recipe, check out more great recipes on their website.
You May Also Enjoy 10 MORE Incredibly Easy Pumpkin Recipes to Make at Home
Have your say! Will these delicious pumpkin muffins be on your autumn menu? Leave your comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!