Are you guilty of making the same meals again and again? Food fatigue is real, but it’s hard to break away from the tried and tested dinners that we know our kids adore. If you’re looking to spice up their meals, give this creamy cajun chicken pasta a go.
Don’t miss the chance to have your say! We’re looking for parents to get involved and give their feedback on all aspects of family life. Find out more here.
This recipe allows your kids to be adventurous with the cajun element, but the pasta and chicken will be familiar favourites that will encourage them to eat it. This dish is also very quick to make and plate.
You May Also Enjoy Try This Delicious Chicken and Lentil Casserole for a Healthy Family Dinner
Spice up Meal Time with this Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 2 chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp of cajun seasoning
- Olive oil
- 4 ozs of linguine, cooked al dente
- 1 thinly sliced spring onion
- 1-2 cups of cream
- 2 tbsp of chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tbsp of salt
- 1/4 tbsp of dried basil or some fresh basil, chopped
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Place chicken and cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
- In a large pan over medium heat, sauté chicken in olive oil until chicken is tender, about five to seven minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook your linguine according to the instructions and drain.
- Reduce heat, add spring onion, cream, tomatoes, basil and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper, heat through.
- Add the cooked linguine, mix and top with some grated parmesan cheese.
You May Also Enjoy These Easy Chicken Fajitas are Packed With Flavour
Have your say! Do you need to refresh your dinner menu? Are you going to try this cajun chicken pasta? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!