Fajitas are a hugely fun dinner and I get asked for them all the time! These easy chicken fajitas are packed full of flavour and you can create your own delicious combo of toppings each time. Messy, yes. Delicious, definitely!
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
Not only do these chicken fajitas taste delicious, there is lots of hands-on, make-it-yourself fun to be had. I think that might be why they’re requested so often!
The great thing about fajitas is that you can add whatever you have to hand – peppers, baby corn, mange tout, etc – and you could also swap out the chicken for beef or just lots of extra veggies.
DO YOU MEAL PLAN?
Learn how to create a plan with our top tips and download your FREE weekly meal planner!
It’s Time for Chicken Fajitas!
- Olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced thinly
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 3-4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 red pepper and 1 green pepper, sliced into strips
- 6-8 soft tortilla wraps
- Topping ideas: sour cream, grated cheese, fresh coriander, guacamole, salsa, sliced jalapeno, etc
- Heat some oil in the pan over a medium heat and saute the onion until softened. Add the garlic and chilli (if using) for a further minute, then add in the chicken strips.
- Season the chicken and add the spices, stir well.
- Once the chicken has browned, add the pepper strips and leave to cook for a further 5-8 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, get all your toppings ready for serving. Let everyone serve themselves, layering the chicken and toppings in the tortilla wraps, then wrap tightly and enjoy!
You May Also Enjoy Family Dinner Challenge – One Pot Mexican Chicken Rice
Have chicken fajitas made it on to your dinner menu yet? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!