Are you looking for a healthy snack idea that tastes great? How about one that even gets some superfoods into your child? We love this easy superfood flapjack recipe that is delicious, filling and sure to be enjoyed by kids!
Don’t miss the chance to have your say! We’re looking for parents to get involved and give their feedback on all aspects of family life. Find out more here.
Flapjacks always remind me of cooking with my mother when I was a child, and I really love this recipe for how authentic it is.
The addition of mixed dried fruits and various seeds, along with the oats, means that they are essentially a power bar. If you’re stuck on a busy morning, they are just as nourishing as a bowl of cereal, or alternatively are a good after-school boost before settling down to homework.
You May Also Enjoy 10 Quick & Easy Overnight Oats Recipes That Kids Will Love
Superfood Flapjack Recipe
Makes approx 24
- 250g porridge oats
- 125g butter
- 125g brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 150g mixed dried fruit
- 50g sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 220C.
- Melt the butter in a large non stick saucepan over a very low heat.
- Add the sugar and honey/syrup and mix well.
- Stir in the oats and a pinch of salt.
- Stir in the mixed fruit
- Spread the mixture over a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray and press flat.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 mins or until it turns golden brown.
- While the mixture is hot from the oven trace the lines up and down the mixture so that you can easily break up the flapjacks when it cools
This recipe, and more, is available on Wholesome Ireland
You May Also Enjoy 10 Quick & Healthy Breakfast Ideas that Aren’t Porridge
Have your say! Did your family enjoy this superfood flapjack recipe? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!