Looking for a flapjack recipe or a recipe to get some superfoods into your child? Try this easy Superfood Flapjack recipe from Wholesome Ireland
I really love this recipe. Flapjacks remind me of cooking with my mother when I was a child. The addition of mixed dried fruits and various seeds along with the oats means that they are essentially a power bar. If you’re stuck on a busy morning they are just as nourishing as a bowl of cereal but either way make sure you have a piping hot mug of tea or coffee to accompany them!
Makes approximately 24
- 250g porridge oats
- 125g butter
- 125g brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 150g mixed dried fruit
- 50g sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 large non stick saucepan
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 baking tray
- Spray cooking oil
- 1 knife
- Preheat your oven to 220C.
- Melt the butter in a large non stick saucepan over a very low heat.
- Add the sugar and honey/syrup and mix well.
- Stir in the oats and a pinch of salt.
- Stir in the mixed fruit
- Spread the mixture over a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray and press flat.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 mins or until it turns golden brown.
- While the mixture is hot from the oven trace the lines up and down the mixture so that you can easily break up the flapjacks when it cools
This recipe, and more, is available on Wholesome Ireland
You might also like 10 Quick & Healthy Breakfast Ideas that Aren’t Porridge
If you have tried this recipe let us know what you thought of it in the comments below