Are you looking for a fun delicious recipe you can make with the kids? Try these chocolate nests, they are simple to make (and yummy!):
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
This recipe for chocolate nests is super simple to rustle up. Even though it’s a treat recipe, it does have wheat cereal so there is some extra fibre in these treats! Kids will enjoy helping to mix and add the mini eggs to decorate their nests!
They would be nice for a Spring birthday party or Easter weekend treat.
Chocolate Nests Recipe
- 100g butter
- 1 tblsp cocoa powder
- 50g milk chocolate buttons
- 75g golden syrup
- 4 Shredded Wheat (or weetabix or a cereal with lots of fibre)
- Chocolate mini eggs
- Put the butter, cocoa powder, milk chocolate buttons and golden syrup into a microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1-2 mins and mix together.
- Crumble the Shredded Wheat into the bowl and mix with rest of ingredients.
- Place a generous spoonful into each of 12 baking cases (the nests).
- Press the centre of each nest down slightly to form a dip and place 3 chocolate mini eggs in each dip.
- Chill for 30mins.
You May Also Enjoy Try This Gorgeous Easter Chocolate Cake Recipe
Over to you now. Did you make these chocolate nests? Tell us in the comments below.