Instead of blueberry muffins, why not go for a savoury treat for the kids? These Bacon and Sweetcorn Muffins are delicious and kids will love helping to mix them (and eat them!)
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
You could easily vary the additions to these muffins. Ham instead of bacon or peppers instead of sweetcorn if your child likes those.
You May Also Enjoy 10 Easy Healthy Snacks For Preschoolers
Bacon and Sweetcorn Muffins
This recipe makes 12 muffins.
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 250g / 9oz bacon bits or chopped bacon rashers
- 1 cup cheddar, grated
- 1½ cups frozen corn defrosted (or could use tinned sweetcorn)
- Fresh herbs finely chopped e.g. chives or parsley
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC / 350ºF. Grease a 12-hole muffin tin or line with muffin cases if you have them.
- In a large pan, fry the bacon until golden brown and crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients then pour into the dry and mix until just combined.
- Add the bacon, sweetcorn, cheese, herbs and mix well.
- Fill the muffin tin/cases with batter.
- Bake for 20-30 mins until golden brown and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Remove the tin from the oven and allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the muffin pan and cooling on a wire rack.
You May Also Enjoy These Breakfast Berry Muffins Are Sure To Be a Hit!
Have your say! Have you tried these bacon and sweetcorn muffins? Tell us in the comments below.