With the long summer holidays just around the corner, many parents will be anxious to get their children booked into Summer Camps. We can help, below are list of some of the best Summer Camps in Cork for summer 2019 for kids and teens. Do keep checking back as we will be updating the list.
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
Summer Camps in Cork for Teens
Savvy Teen Academy Summer Camps (15+ yrs)
The Savvy Teen Academy offer courses helping teens flourish at school, college or work, maximise fun and build a toolbox of skills to help with all areas of their life. It is not a course based on traditional school curriculum but students will learn and practice skills that are not taught in schools but that are essential to academic and professional success.
Learn It Senior Robotics Camps (11+yrs)
You will blast off for the red planet in a Mission to Mars Robotics Challenge, an exciting way to bring Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) concepts to life for the over-11s. Students research and plan their Martian mission, developing a robot to carry out automated tasks, culminating in our interplanetary challenge at the end of the week.
The Learn It Senior Robotics camps enable students to discover Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics in a fun, engaging, hands-on way. This combines LEGO building with software and curriculum-based activities, which allows students to design, programme and control robots. They build robots and use software to plan, test and modify sequences of instructions from a variety of real-life robotic behaviours. Students gather and analyse data from sensors using data-logging functionalities such as graph view.
Following a curriculum devised by LEGO® Education, they start off with simple projects on Day One, learning about the basics of LEGO® Mindstorms programming, creating a vehicle and programing it to drive forward, turn and reverse. They then move on to the various sensors that we use during the week, learning how they work, their real world applications and how to programme them.
As the week progresses, students enhance their robot, adding new sensors, creating new programmes and taking on various challenges that are set each day. As the end of the camp approaches, they build a new robot based on what they have learned and take on our end-of-week challenge.
Summer Camps in Cork for Kids
Science Summer Camps with Junior Einsteins
Junior Einsteins run hands on science summer camps at multiple locations in Leinster including Dublin, Wicklow, Meath & Kildare. Children get to make and take home something most days including their own slime, fossils, model gliders, rainbow glasses and more! They wear Lab coats and goggles and take part in outdoor fun too including; Bug Hunts, Rocket Races, Dinosaur Digs. All camps are run by qualified scientists who have been Garda vetted and are fully insured.
Camps are suitable for children aged 6 to 11 years and run from Monday to Friday 9am to 2pm daily.
Dates & Locations for 2019 Junior Einsteins Summer Camps
- Monday 1st July – Friday 5th July :Carrigaline, Co. Cork
- Monday 8th July – Friday 12th July :Mallow, Co Cork
- Monday 15th July – Friday 19th July :Fermoy, Co Cork
- Monday 22nd July – Friday 26th July : Douglas ,Co Cork
- Monday 29th July – Friday August 2nd :Fermoy Co Cork
- Monday 5th August – Friday 9th August :Carraigline Cork
- Monday 12th August – Friday 16th August : Kinsale Co Cork
- Monday 19th August – Friday 23rd August : Douglas Co Cork
How to Book: Online at www.junioreinsteinsscienceclub.com click ‘Book Camp’ Cost €145 per week.
Camps fill up fast so please book early to avoid disappointment
STARCAMP Drama & Multi-Activity Summer Camps, Nationwide
STARCAMP camps promise the absolute best, most exciting and varied Summer camp experience to date and you will not want your child to miss it. The theme for 2019 is Comedy!
Camps are for boys and girls aged 4 to 12 years and are so much more than a performing arts camps. Born from a desire to instil confidence in children, STARCAMP offers a mind blowing array of activities for both boys and girls including:
- Starcamp games & activities
- Starcamp arts & crafts with an imaginative twist!
- Fun kids news & weather reporting
- And of course singing, dancing and drama.
- A Friday finale showcase where all are welcome.
All STARCAMPERS receive a free t-shirt, star award, arts and crafts and some surprises too.
Camps last 5 days and take place around the country from 9.30 am to 2.30pm daily and do fill up quickly. So BOOK YOUR PLACE TODAY. Or call 021 4377900 for more information.
Learn-It Lego Education Summer Camps (6+ yrs)
Learn It Lego Education Summer Camps cover a variety of different themes such as Robotics, Mechanics Engineering, Construction, Science and Creativity. Camps are taking place in 7 locations in Cork; Bandon, Carrigaline, Clonakility, Mallow, Midleton and Cork City.
They have 3 different camps: Junior Engineers (6-8yrs) summer camps, Senior Engineers Summer Camps (9-12yrs) and Senior Robotics Summer Camps (11+ yrs).
Other Summer Camps for Kids In Cork
- Funkytown Watersports Summer Camps for Kids & Teens take place on Fountainstown Beach, Cork during July and August. Camps are suitable for kids aged 8 to 17 years.
- Athletics Ireland offer kids the opportunity to come along and try a range of fun athletics activities in Cork during July and August.
- Whizzkids Discover IT Summer Camps are for kids aged 8 to 17 and mix indoor and outdoor action, with sports, code breaking & web design so kids have a fun & varied day. Camps are taking place during July and August at UCC.
- FAI Summer Soccer School and Kelloggs GAA Cul Camps take place in every county in Ireland
- Let’s Go! offer Multi Activity Summer Camps in Cork during the months of June, July and August for children aged five to thirteen years. Camps run Monday to Friday – 9:30am to 3.30pm daily.
- Blackrock Castle Observatory run Space Camps for kids aged 7 to 12 years in July.
- The Confidence Clinic Kids Summer Camps for ages 7-12 years are all about helping children to live their best life. It is 6 hours a day for 4 days – 24 hours filled with the best children’s self improvement techniques available, we will be including games, yoga, fun lessons, mindfulness and guided meditations. Most of the camp will be outdoors weather permitting.
Tips for Summer Camps
Mykidstime is run by parents and we have also compiled our Top 10 Tips for Summer Camps, based on our experience! Things like checking whether they need a drink or snack with them or what the procedure is at pick up time. Each camp provider should have a child protection policy in place. Ask other parents for opinions on camps if it’s your child’s first summer camp year.