With the long summer holidays just around the corner, many parents will be anxious to get their children booked into Summer Camps. We can help, below are list of some of the best Summer Camps in Cork for summer 2018 for kids and teens. Do keep checking back as we will be updating the list.
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
Summer Camps in Cork for Teens
Savvy Teen Academy Summer Camps (15+ yrs)
The Savvy Teen Academy offer courses helping teens flourish at school, college or work, maximise fun and build a toolbox of skills to help with all areas of their life. It is not a course based on traditional school curriculum but students will learn and practice skills that are not taught in schools but that are essential to academic and professional success.
The Savvy Teen Academy 2018 Summer Course in Cork take place from July 16th to 19th 2018.
Learn It Senior Robotics Camps (11+yrs)
You will blast off for the red planet in a Mission to Mars Robotics Challenge, an exciting way to bring Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) concepts to life for the over-11s. Students research and plan their Martian mission, developing a robot to carry out automated tasks, culminating in our interplanetary challenge at the end of the week.
The Learn It Senior Robotics camps enable students to discover Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics in a fun, engaging, hands-on way. This combines LEGO building with software and curriculum-based activities, which allows students to design, programme and control robots. They build robots and use software to plan, test and modify sequences of instructions from a variety of real-life robotic behaviours. Students gather and analyse data from sensors using data-logging functionalities such as graph view.
Following a curriculum devised by LEGO® Education, they start off with simple projects on Day One, learning about the basics of LEGO® Mindstorms programming, creating a vehicle and programing it to drive forward, turn and reverse. They then move on to the various sensors that we use during the week, learning how they work, their real world applications and how to programme them.
As the week progresses, students enhance their robot, adding new sensors, creating new programmes and taking on various challenges that are set each day. As the end of the camp approaches, they build a new robot based on what they have learned and take on our end-of-week challenge.
Cork City camp at Blackrock Castle Observatory runs 07/08/18 – 10/08/18
Summer Camps in Cork for Kids
STARCAMP is Ireland’s award winning No 1 performing, fun and games Summer Camp. It promises to offer the absolute best, most exciting and varied Summer camp experience to date and you will not want your child to miss it.
STARCAMP is aimed at all boys and girls aged 4-12, and it is so much more than a performing arts camp. Born from a desire to instill confidence in children, STARCAMP offers a mind blowing array of activities for both boys and girls including a superhero masterclass taught by real superheroes, lots of new camp games, a daily arts & crafts section, fun news & weather reporting, and of course singing, dancing and drama. The week is scattered with new and exciting surprises with a theme of “kindness” and there is a Friday finale showcase where all are welcome. All STARCAMPERS receive a free t-shirt, star award, kindness card, arts and crafts and some surprises too.
STARCAMP summer camps in Cork:
- Ballincollig Colaiste Choilm Week 1 2-6 July 2018
- Ballincollig Colaiste Choilm Week 2 30 July-3 August 2018
- Bandon Colaiste Na Toirbhirte 16-20 July 2018
- Bantry Our Lady of Mercy National School 23-27 July 2018
- Bishopstown Community School 7-11 August (Tues-Sat) 2018
- Blackrock Ursuline Convent 30 July-3 August 2018
- Blarney 16-20 July 2018 Cloghroe National School
- Carrigaline St. Johns GNS Week 1 9-13 July 2018
- Carrigaline St. Johns GNS Week 2 30 July-3 August 2018
- Carrigtwohill Community Hall 23-27 July 2018
- Charleville CBS Primary School 2-6 July 2018
- Clonakilty Parish Hall 30 July-3 August 2018
- Cobh Bunscoil Rinn an Chabhlaigh, Rushbrook 9-13 July 2018
- Cork City Educate Together NS, Grattan St.30 July – 3 August 2018
- Douglas Garryduff Sports Centre Week 1 2-6 July 2018
- Douglas Garryduff Sports Centre Week 2 7-11 August (Tues-Sat) 2018
- Dunmanway Mary Immaculata Community College 2-6 July 2018
- Fermoy Community Youth Centre 7-11 August (Tues-Sat) 2018
- Frankfield / Grange Scoil Nioclais 13-17 August 2018
- Glanmire Community College Week 1 16-20 July 2018
- Glanmire Brooklodge NS Week 2 13-17 August 2018
- Kanturk Edel Quinn Hall 16-20 July 2018
- Kinsale Community School 16-20 July 2018
- Macroom St. Mary’s Secondary School 23-27 July 2018
- Mallow Aemilian Theatre-St. Mary’s Secondary School 23-27 July 2018
- Midleton Scoil Bhride Presentation Primary Week 1 2-6 July 2018
- Midleton Midleton Educate Together Week 2 13-17 August 2018
- Mitchelstown Town Hall 9-13 July 2018
- Skibbereen Sports Centre 13-17 August 2018
- Turners Cross Bunscoil Chríost Rí 23-27 July 2018
- Whitechurch & Waterloo Community Centre 7-11 August (Tues-Sat) 2018
- Youghal The Mall Arts Centre 13-17 August 2018
Learn-It Lego Education Summer Camps (6+ yrs)
Learn It Lego Education Summer Camps cover a variety of different themes such as Robotics, Mechanics Engineering, Construction, Science and Creativity. Camps are taking place in 7 locations in Cork; Bandon, Carrigaline, Clonakility, Mallow, Midleton and Cork City.
Click here to find a Learn It Lego Summer Camp near you. They have 3 different camps: Junior Engineers (6-8yrs) summer camps, Senior Engineers Summer Camps (9-12yrs) and Senior Robotics Summer Camps (11+ yrs).
Other Summer Camps for Kids In Cork
- Athletics Ireland offer kids the opportunity to come along and try a range of fun athletics activities in Cork during July and August.
- Whizzkids Discover IT Summer Camps are for kids aged 8 to 17 and mix indoor and outdoor action, with sports, code breaking & web design so kids have a fun & varied day. Camps are taking place during July and August at UCC.
- FAI Summer Soccer School and Kelloggs GAA Cul Camps take place in every county in Ireland
- Let’s Go! offer Multi Activity Summer Camps in Cork during the months of June, July and August for children aged five to thirteen years. Camps run Monday to Friday – 9:30am to 3.30pm daily.
- Blackrock Castle Observatory run Space Camps for kids aged 7 to 12 years in July.
Tips for Summer Camps
Mykidstime is run by parents and we have also compiled our Top 10 Tips for Summer Camps, based on our experience! Things like checking whether they need a drink or snack with them or what the procedure is at pick up time. Each camp provider should have a child protection policy in place. Ask other parents for opinions on camps if it’s your child’s first summer camp year.
If you know of a local camp that we don’t have listed, please comment below or if you are a camp provider and would like your camp listed on here, drop us an email.