Are you planning on buying a new school bag for your child? Here is our pick of the best school bags for kids this year, and we’re pretty sure your kids are going to love them as much as we do!
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
There is such an extensive range of school bags available, it can often be daunting trying to decide which one to buy – especially if you want it to last more than a few months.
While price is always a factor, durability and practicality are crucial too. Check that the inside compartment can fit the largest of your child’s books and folders – it is incredibly frustrating to find the expensive new school books all dog-eared by week two as a result of being squashed into the school bag.
Once the bag is filled with books, make sure your child tries it on – are the straps comfortable? Is the bag the right size for your child? Don’t leave this until the last minute or you run the risk of your child struggling with a heavy, uncomfortable bag all school year.
You May Also Enjoy 6 Great Lunch Boxes Recommended by Parents
Take Your Pick of the Best School Bags
#1. Jansport Backpack
The Jansport backpack collection are incredibly durable (my son’s has lasted for years!), comfortable and practical, and are always winners with parents and kids. There’s an extensive range of colours available too, so there is sure to be one to suit everyone. And once they start to get a bit grubby, just pop into the washing machine and they’ll look as good as new again!
- Lifetime warranty
- One large main compartment
- Front utility pocket with organiser keeps essentials handy
- Straight-cut padded shoulder strap
- 2/3 padded back panel for cushioning comfort
- Web haul loop
Available from Schoolbooks.ie & other retailers worldwide.
You May Also Enjoy 21 Top Tips For Making Back to School Night Super Easy
#2. Ridge 53
The high quality and durable Ridge 53 Backpack is multi-functioning, making it ideal as a schoolbag, laptop bag or rucksack. It’s got oodles of compartments and a foam back for comfort. We particularly love it for its practical waterproof raincover, which is ingenious when caught out in a shower on the way home from school.
- Foam back panel and shoulder straps for added comfort
- Zipped pockets on both sides
- Integrated waterproof raincover
- Reinforced easy lift top handle
- Interior organiser pockets
- Secure and durable zips
- Triple stitching at all stress points
- Available in a large selection of designs to suit all tastes
Available from Schoolbooks.ie & retailers worldwide.
You May Also Enjoy Back to School Supplies Checklist to Ensure Nothing Forgotten
#3. Seagull Backpack School Bag
Available in a range of colours The Seagull Backpack School Bags come in a range of colours. They are designed to hold up to 30kg and come with a 100% money back guarantee.
- Comfortable, adjustable straps and airmesh back panel with a spine channel for support
- Durable and water-resistant with anti-scratch surface
- Has a custom sleeve for laptops
- Net pouch on shoulder strap for mobile phones and a port for headphones.
Available from Amazon.co.uk and other retailers worldwide
You May Also Enjoy 8 Practical Money Saving Tips for Buying School Books
#4. The North Face Vault Back Pack School Bag
The North Face have an extensive range of school bags and backpacks in a large array of colours and designs. They are made from durable materials and the Vault range has added features perfect for school.
- Padded laptop sleeve within main compartment
- Front elastic bungee for external storage
- Internal organisation compartment with zipped and velcro pockets
- Sternum strap with whistle buckle
- Padded straps and top handle
- Reflective tabs
Available from Amazon.co.uk & other retailers worldwide.
You May Also Enjoy 10 Tips for School Bag Safety
#5. Quicksilver 1969 Range
Quicksilver’s 1969 range of rucksacks are durable and practical, due to the large number of compartments and zippered pockets. They come in a stylish range of muted colours, and will last your growing child’s needs for many years.
- Ergonomic, padded, adjustable shoulder straps
- Laptop sleeve
- Two main zippered compartment
- 2 side zip pockets
- Zippered front pocket
Available from Amazon UK & other retailers worldwide.
You May Also Enjoy 16 Money Saving Tips for Back to School
#6. Vans Old Skool Unisex Backpack
If your child is a fan of Vans footwear, then they are going to love this ultra-cool Old Skool backpack. It’s hard-wearing, long-lasting and has plenty of room for all the school essentials. It can also be used as a laptop bag.
- Adjustable padded straps
- Large main compartment, front pocket
- Zippered pockets internally
Available on Amazon.co.uk & Vans retailers worldwide.
#7. Eastpak Padded Backpack
With a simple design, the Eastpak backpacks are a super durable range of bags that will endure many years of lugging heavy books to and from school. Better yet, they are waterproof so no need to worry about the homework getting wet! And there’s an extensive range of colours too.
- Padded back and shoulder straps for added comfort
- Hard-wearing zipped pockets on both sides
- Main compartment with front pocket
- Secure and durable zips
Available on Amazon.co.uk & other retailers worldwide.
You May Also Enjoy 21 School Travel Safety Rules for Kids Parents Shouldn’t Ignore
Can you recommend any great school bags to add to this list? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!