Are you looking for Christmas gifts to make with the kids for friends and family? These add a lovely personal touch to Christmas, and the kids are usually so proud of what they make! From the super easy to the slightly more challenging, here are 10 Cute Homemade Christmas Gift Ideas for Kids to Make.
1. Bulbs in a Pot
- Clay flowerpot
- Samples of Emulsion paint
- Bulbs e.g. mini daffodils
- Ribbon to decorate
- Decorate the clay flowerpot using emulsion paint.
- Once dry, apply two coats of varnish, drying in between.
- Fill with compost and a few bulbs.
- Tie ribbon round to decorate.
2. Scented Hand Scrub
- Coarse Sea salt
- Base oil, e.g. unscented massage oil
- Essential oils, e.g. Vanilla, peppermint, rosemary, lavender
- Add the base oil to the salt a bit at a time until it is a grainy mess.
- Then add a few drops of essential oil.
- Decorate the labels, writing instructions e.g. “To use, rub this scrub into your hands then rinse off” .
- Stick labels onto the jar.
3. Bath Salts
Essential oils, e.g. Vanilla, peppermint, rosemary, lavender
- Make sure your jars are clean and dry.
- You can decorate the jar and lid before filling, e.g. stick ribbon round the lid or use glue and glitter.
- Make the base mixture from equal parts of Epsom salts and baking soda. First add your colouring, blending it with your hands (remember the rubber gloves!) until the colour is evenly spread, then add the essential oils. Fill each jar with bath salt mixture.
- Decorate the labels and write instructions, e.g. “Sprinkle bath salts before filling your tub for a luxurious bath treat” before sticking onto the jar.
4. Decorated Picture Frame
Photo frames will always be appreciated by friends and relatives, and are easy to make, so ideal for the kids
Plain wooden picture frame
Stones, shells, glitter, etc.
- Paint wooden frame and leave to dry.
- Stick on stones, shells, glitter with glue or paint a poem or message along the sides.
5. Orange Pomander
Cloves in Orange (Christmas Pomander) is a very seasonal scented decoration for older children to make as a gift for aunts, grandmothers, etc, and they are very easy to make.
They can follow a pattern, or make their own design, and each one made can be unique. Leave them to dry in cool/dark place for about a week after making them, to prevent them from moulding.
6. Reindeer Thumbprint Ornaments
We love these Reindeer Thumbprint Ornaments from Little bit Funky which are also super quick to make.The kids will enjoy creating these decorations and hanging them on the tree,but thhey would also make a lovely present for teacher/grandparents.
Image via Little bit Funky
7. Button Ornaments
These super cute button ornaments from Martha Stewart are perfect for little hands to make. With imagination, colourful buttons and pipe cleaners, kids can create all kinds of interesting homemade ornaments.
Image via Martha Stewart
8. Winter Terrariums
These winter terrariums are a great winter activity from babbledabbledo and would make lovely homemade Christmas gifts from kids.
These are created with salt, animals, pebbles and moss. For Christmas you could add some some fir trees and some Christmas figurines.
Image via babbledabbledo
9. Homemade Snow Globe
But we love this personalised snow globe from Ourbestbites which would a lovely gift for grandparents.
Image via Ourbestbites
10. Handprint Tree Apron
This Handprint Tree Apron from makes and takes is such a simple idea, but makes a fun personalised gift for family. All you will need is a plain white apron to start and some fabric paint and lots of hands of all sizes.
Image via makes and takes
Have you made any of these, or do you have ideas for any Christmas Homemade Gifts?
Share them here in the comments!