Looking for something to do with the kids in Wicklow that is low cost or free? Here are some of our favourite playgrounds in Wicklow recommended to us by parents.
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free? Please share this with your family & friends if you liked it!
The playground at Russborough House is open year round and is free for everyone. It is best suited to kids aged 2 to 12 years.
What we like: The fun adventure equipment to challenge children as they compete to complete the wooden walk quickest, wooden framed swings, sandpit, slides and a fun spider web climbing frame. For those looking for more adventure, you could enter the beech hedge maze and see if you can find your way to the centre!
Other playgrounds in Wicklow that parents have recommended visiting include:
- Arklow Seaview Avenue Playground. What we like: climbing and slides as well as swings and seesaw for a range of ages as well as spinning and activities for toddlers. Set in a grass area with space to run around.
- Ballynerrin Playground Wicklow Town
- Ballywaltrim Playground, Bray is a favourite. What we like: lots of climbing and slides as well as swings and seesaw
- Baltinglass Park Playground
- Bray Peoples Park Playground
- Bray Sidmonton Road
- Charlesland Playground
- Greystones Mill Road Playground
- Monastry Grove Playground
- Newcastle Playground
- Rathdrum Park
- St Peters Place, Arklow Town – What we like: large modern playground with lots of activities, swings, slides and climbing for a range of ages
Do you have a favourite Wicklow playground? Tell us in the comments below.