Do your kids love slipping and sliding in water parks? Do you have a water baby child who loves to swim and splash? Then take a look at this list of water parks around the country. These Water Parks in Ireland Are Well Wicked!
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free? Please share this with your family & friends if you liked it!
Outdoor Water Parks in Ireland
Harbour Splash, Dun Laoghaire
Harbour Splash is Dublin’s first inflatable Aqua Park and it’s open until from April to the end of September. Harbour Splash is an amazing obstacle course on the water, perfect for a fun family day out.
Slide, jump, slip, make a big splash, they guarantee you will laugh and enjoy the Aqua fun!
Harbour Splash is located in Dun Laoghaire and the Dutch barge they use for reception and changing room facilities is an attraction in itself. Parents can enjoy a nice coffee on the deck of the cool looking boat while watching their kids having fun.
A fully qualified team of Lifeguards make sure everyone enjoys their time safely on the water. Just bring a swimsuit and a towel. Wetsuits available to hire.
Ballyhass Lakes, Cork
The Ballyhass Lakes Aqua Park is an inflatable water park that covers over 40m square of an old quarry lake where you can jump, slide, bounce and race each other around the wipeout style course. Suitable for ages 6+ (U12 must be accompanied by an adult on the water), you must be able to swim 50m.
You might also enjoy reading Top Spots in Ireland for Swimming and Splashing Fun with the Family
Baysports, Hodson Bay
Floating just offshore near the Hodson Bay Hotel is a one-of-a-kind inflatable water park, Baysports Water Park. Spread over 1400 sq. meters, Baysports is a playground for children and adults alike. Bounce, slide, thrill and splash! Then climb back aboard and do it all again. Whatever the weather, with a wetsuit on, you’re guaranteed an experience like no other.
You don’t have to be able to swim but you must feel comfortable in approximately 2 meters of water. Children must be 6 years or older, 6 to 10 year olds must be accompanied by an adult.
As well as the water park, Baysports offer kayaking, stand up paddling and pedal boats with wetsuit hire available.
Blueway Waterpark, Leitrim
Blueway Waterpark is Ireland’s newest Inflatable Waterpark, located on Lough Allen one of Ireland’s beautiful inland waterways beside the Lough Allen Hotel in Drumshanbo, Co. Leitrim.
The Waterpark is made up of 1600 square meters of inflatable trampolines, obstacles, slides, logs, bongo blobs, cliff jumps and rope swings. They welcome guests from 6 years plus to the waterpark, individuals, groups and families can all enjoy the facilities and activities.
They also offer Stand Up Paddle board hire for 12 years plus.
You might also enjoy reading Some of our Favourite Spots for Outdoor Swimming Ireland
For those families looking for safe fun on the water head to Aqua Splash on Lough Derg in Nenagh, Co Tipperary. It is one of the many great water sport facilities you can discover on Lough Derg.
At Aqua Splash you can enjoy:
- A giant inflatable water park
- Super size water trampoline
- Banana boat rides
- Pedal boats
- Stand up paddle boarding
Everything you need for your family day out on the water is provided including wetsuits and life jackets, which makes it easy for you to just turn up and enjoy your day!
Indoor Water Parks in Ireland
Aquazone at the National Aquatic Centre in Dublin offers extreme thrills, raging water adventures and loads of fun for kids big and small including
- Master Blaster – uphill water coasters deliver a rollercoaster-style ride that is a proven hair raiser.
- Flow Rider – the fun and excitement of surfing, skateboarding and snowboarding in one truly interactive ride.
- Green Giant Flume, a long open slide
- Dark Hole Flume – not for the faint hearted!
- Pirate Ship – for kids under 8, the Pirate Ship has safe and fun rides, complete with pirate ship, cannons and small slides.
- There’s also a Wave Pool, Lazy River and Bubble Pool
Funtasia Waterpark features 30,000 square feet of water gushing fun and over 200 water based activities for all to enjoy. Super slides, fun play areas, toddlers splash, there is something for all ages including
- The Super Bowl and The Boomerang Water Slides
- Pirates Cove Play Area – 500 litres of water being tipped on an unsuspecting crowd below, water cannons, sprayers, hoses, slides and fountains.
- Pirates Cove Toddler Splash – Tiny tots can splish and splash safely to their hearts content in this custom corner area specifically designed for toddlers. With a pirate boat at the helm, miniature slides and mushroom fountains there is lots for them to see and do.
Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied in the water by an adult, accompanying adults must not leave children under the age of 8 years unattended or beyond eye contact.
Tip: the lockers at Funtasia are narrow so bring smaller bags and they take a refundable €1 coin.
Head to the Tralee Aquadome for plenty of splashing fun including
- Surf the Waves
- Wrestle the River Rapids
- Relax in the Lazy River
- Ride the Sky High Flume
- Plunge down the Outdoor Falling Rapids
- Enjoy the Whirlpool spas, Bubble seat, Sprays, Cannons, Gushers, Geysers, Children’s pools, Spa pools
Waterworld in Bundoran offers lots of family water fun including
- Toddler pool featuring Wiggly Worm, Mushroom Waterfall, Water cups and Mr Elephant.
- Wave Slide/Walrus Slide for small kids/toddlers
- The Umbrella, with waterfall experience and perch seating during wave sessions.
- Aqua Blue Slide
- Pirate Ship featuring two interactive waterworks, interactive steering wheel and two lane water propelled slide
- The Rapids and The Waves, runs every 90 minutes lasting 10 minutes each time with four different wave types
- Multi Lane Slide, a 3 lane slide with aqua catch splashdown.
Enjoy warm pleasant temperatures all year round in Splashworld in Tramore, Waterford, an indoor waterpark with wave machine, water slides, bubble pool, paddle pool, water cannon, rolling rapids, steam room, sauna & a 4 lane 25 metre pool.
Lagan Valley Leisure Complex, Lisburn
You’ll find Mission Inflatable at the Lagan Valley Leisure Complex in Lisburn where ages 6+ can take on the challenge of the water inflatable assault course. Start your mission across demolition balls, rollers, slides and the amazing Giant’s Causeway feature for an unforgettable family adventure!
Children aged 6 & 7 must be accompanied by an adult on a 1:1 basis.
Over to you now. Have you visited any of these water parks in Ireland? Tell us how you got on in the comments below.