Are you parent to a toddler? Whether you live in Tipperary or are just visiting the county, finding things to do with children before they start school can be difficult, or if you are new to an area. So we have put together some suggestions of Things To Do With Preschoolers in Tipperary.
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
The handy thing about having a toddler and not being tied to school times is you have a bit more flexibility to visit places during the day at less busy times. If you’re looking for ideas for things to do with preschoolers in Tipperary, we’ve got a few suggestions for you:
Things To Do With Preschoolers In Tipperary
Soft Play Centres in Tipperary
Many play centres have dedicated soft play areas for preschoolers, this is a great way to spend a couple of hours and burn off some energy!
- Planet Playground in Clonmel has soft play and runs Toddler Mornings every Monday – Friday until 12pm.
- Jump n Gyms in Nenagh also runs Parent and Toddler mornings Monday – Friday 10am-1pm.
Storytime in Tipperary Libraries
The junior section of the Library is a great way to spend an hour or two reading and choosing books, also your preschooler can join the library and choose their own books to borrow.
You Might Also Enjoy Free Things To Do In Tipperary With Kids
Parent Toddler Swimming in Tipperary
Waterbabies run baby swim classes in various locations in Tipperary.
Music and Other Fun Classes
Sign up for a class. Music, movement, dance, drama, play labs, swimming or football! Check out preschool classes, it’s a great way to meet people and make friends too.
Parent and Toddler Groups
Join a local Parent and Toddler Group. There are many local groups that meet weekly. Parent and Toddler groups are a great way for young children to mix with children their own age and for parents to meet other local parents! Weekend groups are also becoming more popular for parents who work full time.
Playgrounds in Tipperary
Visit the playground! Many Tipperary playgrounds have special toddler spaces and equipment.
You Might Also Enjoy The Best Playgrounds In Ireland Recommended by Parents
Attractions in Tipperary
If you have a free day mid week then a big advantage with getting out and about with preschoolers is that you can visit places at “off peak” times when older children are at school and popular places aren’t as busy!
Some places to visit in Tipperary with preschoolers:
- Your little King Arthur or Princess Guinevere will love the medieval splendour of Cahir Castle. The sword in the stone at the front of the castle is a nod to the Castle’s appearance in Excalibur. It won’t budge, but you can have fun trying!
- Visit The Sensory and Mobility Garden in Church Street, Cahir – it was specially created to be accessible and enjoyable to all, but particularly for people with disabilities. The garden contains many varied features, such as scented plants, sculptures, water features, Braille signs, pathways of different textures and much to stimulate the senses. Then take a trip to the great playground in the Duneske Leisure Centre.
- At Tearaways Pet Farm and Activity Centre in Rathcabbin there are indoor and outdoor activities as well as plenty of animals to see.
- Fairy Fort Farm in Borrisoleigh is a traditional farm in the heart of the Tipperary countryside. Enjoy feeding the animals such as hens, geese, goats, horses, ponies etc.
You Might Also Enjoy Our Pick of What’s On This Month
Events for Preschoolers in Tipperary
Keep an eye on our events pages as there are regular workshops and events for younger children in Tipperary.
There’s an annual Teddy Bear’s Picnic at Cashel Library in July each year.
You might also enjoy reading some ideas for entertaining preschoolers at home.
Head Out For A Walk (Well a Toddle)
You could get out and about for a toddle. Check out our Best Outdoor Spots for Families in Tipp for inspiration.
If you have other suggestions for fun things to do with preschoolers in Tipperary, we would love to hear from you in the comments box below.