Looking for an easy to make and delicious refrigerator cake recipe? Here is one that my friend Michelle swears by:
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
This refrigerator cake recipe is so adaptable, you can try adding lots of different things to make it different every time.
Chocolate Refrigerator Cake Recipe
- 150g (5½ oz) bar of dark chocolate
- 200g (7oz) bar of milk chocolate
- 175g (6oz) butter, cut into pieces
- 100g (3½) golden syrup
- 200g (7oz) packet digestive biscuits
- Large handful of dried cranberries or marshmallows or nuts (add whatever you think will taste best)
- Line an 8 inch round tin with greaseproof paper.
- Put all the chocolate, butter and syrup into microwave and melt on low for 2 mins or melt it the old fashioned way in a bowl over a pot of boiling water!
- Crush the biscuits and add to melted choc mixture along with dried fruit, nuts, marshmallows etc.
- Pour into tin and leave in the fridge until set. Takes about 3 hours.
Over to you now. Do you have a favourite chocolate refrigerator cake recipe? Share it with us in the comments below.