Are you looking for creative lunchbox ideas to inspire and delight your kids? Or are you planning a Halloween party? Then we have just the thing for you. Watch how to create sizzling sausage mummies ideal for lunchboxes, parties or as a spooky halloween treat.
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
We had great fun making these mummy sausage rolls, they are so easy to make. You just need some pastry and your favourite sausages and some edible eyes of course!
You May Also Enjoy 11 Easy Halloween Cookie Recipes for Kids
How to Make Sizzling Sausage Mummies
- 1 packet of ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 packet of your favourite sausages (or you could make your own homemade sausages)
- Sugar eyes
- Tube of decorating gel/icing
You will also need a fork, sharp knife and a baking tray.
- Prick your sausages with the fork.
- Cut your puff pastry into lengths approximately 1 cm wide.
- Wrap each sausage with a strip of pastry, ensuring you leave a space for the eyes near the top.
- Place on a baking tray and back for approx 40 minutes at 170C/340F
- Once they have cooled slightly, add your sugar eyes using a bit of decorating gel/icing as glue.
You May Also Enjoy Hauntingly Healthy Halloween Snacks for Kids
Have your say! Did you have a go at making these Sausage Mummies yet? Please let us know in the comments box below.