Have you ever had ‘Snowman Soup’? This quick and easy treat is the best choice for when the weather gets cold and you want to snuggle up. It also packages up perfectly to give as a gift or add to a Christmas Eve box. Don’t worry, no snowmen were harmed for this recipe!
Simple to assemble, this could also be nice as a little gift idea for your child’s school friends. You could add a new Christmas-themed mug as well.
It would also work as a stocking stuffer idea, Secret Santa/Kris Kringle or a gift for 12 Days of Christmas.
How to Make Snowman Soup
- 1 serving of hot chocolate powder (measured out)
- 10-15 mini marshmallows
- 1 small candy cane (the stirrer)
- 2-3 small chocolates e.g. chocolate buttons, Twirl Bites, Hershey Kisses, etc
- 1 cone-shaped treat bag or small Ziploc bag
- Label or homemade tag
- Gift mug (optional)
- If you have a cone-shaped treat bag, it is nice to add the ingredients to create layers – start with the hot chocolate powder and chocolates, then layer the mini marshmallows and the candy cane stirrer.
- If you are don’t have a cone-shaped bag, perhaps consider two smaller bags (one for the hot chocolate mix and chocolates, and another for the marshmallows and candy cane stirrer)
- Use a ribbon or bag tie to close the bag, adding a gift tag or the following poem in the process.
Snowman Soup Poem
You could print this out to accompany your Snowman Soup gift:
I was told you’ve been real good this year.
I’m always glad to hear it!
With freezing weather drawing near,
You’ll need to warm the spirit.
So here’s a little Snowman Soup
Complete with stirring stick.
Add hot water, sip it slow.
It’s sure to do the trick!
This holiday season, let the kids get creative and have fun in the kitchen with these kid-friendly Christmas recipes that are super easy to make. From fruity snacks to chocolatey treats, we think that every child, big and small, will find something to love here.