Quesadillas are Mexican in origin and are usually made with a corn or flour tortilla filled with grated cheese and any other ingredients you enjoy and heated until warmed through. This is my Easiest Quesadilla Recipe that the kids will love and that can be prepared quickly. They are great for a quick after-school snack and handy for using up cooked chicken, pork or beef.
- Large corn or flour tortillas ( at least 2)
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Fillings: My favourites are: diced spring onions, diced tomatoes, avocado and cooked chicken pieces. But you could add sweetcorn, olives, mushrooms, peppers, beef, pork etc.
- Take a large non stick pan and place on a low / medium heat.
- Add a tortilla
- Sprinkle on grated cheese and add the rest of your ingredients in a thin layer
- Add more grated cheese to the top and cover with another tortilla.
- After 20 seconds flip the tortilla.
- Keep flipping for about 2 minutes and check that all the cheese has melted and the ingredients are warmed through. Be careful not to burn!
Do you have a favourite quesadilla filling? Share it with us in the comments box below.