This delicious version of the classic guacamole recipe is sure to be on constant repeat in your house – it’s so fresh and versatile that we’ve been having it with everything from a cooked breakfast to wraps for lunch or alongside fajitas for dinner!
Don’t miss the chance to have your say! We’re looking for parents to get involved and give their feedback on all aspects of family life. Find out more here.
Apart from serving this guacamole alongside fajitas and your favourite Mexican food, you could also add it in wraps to give any filling a real flavour boost, with chopped vegetables for dipping, or with bacon, eggs, potato rosti for a weekend brunch.
The level of chilli heat can be adapted to taste – leave it out for younger kids, or up it for those who like a bit more spice.
You May Also Enjoy These Easy Chicken Fajitas are Packed With Flavour!
Delicious Guacamole Recipe
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small clove of garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Juice of ½ a lime (reserve other half and add if you like)
- Salt and black pepper
- Peel and remove stone from the avocados, put all ingredients except salt and pepper into a blender and whizz until smooth.
- Taste and add more lime juice or salt and pepper if necessary. Allow to stand for at least 15 minutes before serving so that the flavours can develop.
Top tip: if you leave the avocado stone in the guacamole until you are ready to serve it stops it turning brown.
You May Also Enjoy The Easiest Ever Tomato Salsa Recipe
Have you tried this guacamole recipe? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!