We love this spicy White Chicken Chili stew served with warmed tortillas or bacon corn muffins. It makes a nice alternative to the traditional beef chilli recipes.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 700 g), diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 x 400 g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 110 g jalapeño chillies from a jar or tin, diced
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 225 g sour cream
- 120 ml single cream
- chopped coriander, for garnish (optional)
Brown the chicken and onion in the oil over a medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
Add the garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until fragrant.
Add the beans, chillies, stock and seasonings and simmer for 30 minutes.
Stir in the sour cream and single cream.
Heat through, but do not boil.
Garnish with chopped coriander and additional sour cream, if desired.