If you are looking to change up your family dinner ideas, then try this White Chicken Chili Stew, it’s so easy to make and makes a nice alternative to the traditional beef chilli recipes.
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
We love this White Chicken Chili Stew served with warmed tortillas or bacon corn muffins.
White Chicken Chili Stew
This recipe serves 4.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 700g / 24 oz), diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 x 400g (14oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 110g / 4oz jalapeño chillies from a jar or tin, diced
- 400ml / 13 fl oz chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 225g / 8oz sour cream
- 120ml / 4 fl oz single cream
- Coriander, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Brown the chicken and onion in the oil over a medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the beans, chillies, stock and seasonings and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream and single cream.
- Heat through, but do not boil.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and additional sour cream, if desired.