I have been through 2 tween-hoods so far and it can be tricky finding new ideas for presents for them. So here are 11 Christmas Gift Ideas for Tweens That Will be Appreciated, guaranteeing you a hug and a “Thanks Mom / Dad / Aunty / Uncle”.
#1. Personalised Gifts
I love the website Not on The High Street, there are some great personalised gift ideas on it, including the personalised football above for all tweens who are mad about soccer.
For tweens, jewellery can make a great gift. It makes them feel a bit special and a little more grown up. Charm bracelets are always popular with girls, with the added bonus of being able to buy more charms for future gifts. And leather bracelets are cool for both boys and girls.
I like browsing Etsy.com for unusual options. Last year I found a lovely necklace for my niece which had her initial, birthstone and a lucky charm all in one necklace.
You’ll also find some different jewellery ideas too on Gifted Living.
#3. Posters, Prints and Wall Art
Slogan Art seems to be in vogue currently as are favourite band posters or wall stickers / murals.
To complete the room make-over pretty strings of lights that can be hung around curtains or beds work well too.
My 10 year old absolutely loves pop music and music-oriented gifts will always be well received:
- Vinyl has made a real comeback recently so if you have a record player you could gift his or her first ever LP! Many vinyl records also come with the CD or downloadable version of the record as well, so you can get multiple formats in one buy which is handy.
- Subscription to a music streaming service such as Spotify, Apple Music or Google Play.
- iTunes credit
- An MP3 player or iPod Touch. N.B. The downside of Apple products is that you are tied to iTunes for adding music to the iPod so you might want to consider an Android option (even if it’s less cool), as it will be much easier to get new music on and off.
#5. An Experience
Other fun experiences that might go down well with tweens include:
- Adventure sports experience. If you don’t want to go too extreme then start with a Climbing Wall session.
- Water sports experience, my daughters have both enjoyed trying Windsurfing and Kayaking.
- Cinema tickets.
- Cookery class.
And of course if you get an extra ticket for a friend to join them on these experiences, you will go down in history as the best present-giver ever!
- The Mysterious Benedict Society trilogy by Trenton Lee Stewart.
- The Sisters Grimm series by Michael Buckley.
- Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer.
- Classics such as Anne of Green Gables and James and the Giant Peach.
- David Walliams books such as Gangsta Granny and The Demon Dentist.
- Anything by Roddy Doyle but a particular favourite is The Rover Adventures.
Super stationery gift ideas include; Secret Diaries, Novelty Erasers, Colouring Pencils and Books, Notepads, Drawing Books, Doodle Pads, Stickers, A Good Pen, Markers and Highlighters, especially Sharpies.
I’m planning to get her nail art pens & stickers, a set of colourful polishes for Christmas and I even saw a hand dryer for drying your nails off quickly in my local pharmacy (which would be extra handy for her as she’s super impatient!).
There are lots of fun nail gift ideas on Feel Unique.
Good headphones are handy for this age particularly for listening to music or watching YouTube videos or Netflix. Another up-to-the-minute present is a wireless speaker. My daughter got an iTwist last year for Christmas and she plays it non stop!
Prices vary wildly so shop around and read reviews before buying.
#11. iPod or Tablet Cases
My tween loves spending her pocket money on a new case for her iPod Touch. (Ah the new tech generation…there was I happy with spending my pocket money on Jackie magazine!)
It’s a fun and relatively inexpensive gift option, and you can now get customised options to personalise them or a variety of funky designs in every colour to suit their taste, and help protect the device at the same time.
Have you got any inspiring ideas for Christmas gifts for tweens? Do share them in the comments below.