We asked Mykidstime parents this question “If there’s one part of parenting you could take a pass on, what would it be?“. Their answers were very revealing about the joys of parenthood!
If there was one thing you could choose about parenting to pass on what would it be? Here’s what Mykidstime parents told us!
- Sleepless nights
- 3 am feeds
- Diaper changing
- Early mornings
- Waking up early
- Potty training
- Strapping combative children into car seats
- Having to go out to work and missing out
- When your child cries when you leave them at nursery or school
- Teeth cleaning
- Making lunches for school
- School runs
- Trying to figure out what they want to eat
- Cooking/dinner prep
- Washing up
- Dealing with sick… snots, vomit, coughs..
- “When I’m sick I’d like to be able to lay in bed all day and sleep it off.”
- Sickness and vomiting
- Fever, especially in the middle of the night
- Seeing them sick
- Taking them for injections
- Combing out nits
- Dealing with teachers
- Seeing them feeling hurt, left out and upset. That’s the worst ever
- “The parts I did wrong!”
- Discipline, having to be the one to correct or punish
- Talking back
- “The part when she doesnt like me for saying no”
- Mood swings
- Teenage years
- Rolling of the eyes
- Kids not listening
- The grumpiness of a teenager
- “The birds and the bees talk”
- The cost!
- Seeing that they’ve grown, knowing you can’t turn back time
“None! Loove seeing them making mistakes, accidentally hurt their knees, getting wet because of their clumsiness, being late to go to school because of waking up late, crying for fighting or having a quarrel with each other, disappointed because they can’t get everything that they want… Just loooove seeing all of those things”, Nety A
“Wish I could put a magic powder on ’em where they stay my babies forever.”Natalie M
“Playing hide and seek at the stores, taking off their seat belts while driving, and and jumping inside the car rocking it back and forth. Other than that I loved everything about them..” Lorraine S
“None of it. It’s life’s greatest experience and learning curve!!!” Lisacarr D
“None of it! I waited a very long time to be a mommy and I would pass on nothing – the good and the bad.” Alice S
“None of it! It all blends together and makes you appreciate being given the opportunity and privilege to be a parent!” Nicky H
Some sage advice from Mykidstime Parents:
“Pick your battles. Take a deep breath, make a cup of tea, leave the room for 2min to calm down. They won’t be little antichrists for ever. And it gets easier.” Michelle H
“Cherish every moment as it’s over so quickly, take time to enjoy the run up to milestones instead of wishing the time away to meet them.” Haylee S
You might also enjoy: 15 Positive Parenting Techniques Every Parent Should Know and Are You Ready to be a Parent?
Over to you now! What one thing about parenting would you take a pass on? Tell us in the comments below!