Are you looking for fun family things to do in Ireland this Halloween? This is our spookiest ever roundup of Family Events and Things To Do With Kids Around Ireland At Halloween!
Sign up for our free monthly newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
You will be spoiled for choices of things to do in Dublin this Halloween 2018 with everything from:
Alliance Française Halloween School Holiday Camps take place from October 30th to November 2nd 2018. There are 4 classes to choose from:
- Halloween Camps for 4 to 6 year olds
- Halloween Camps for 7 to 10 year olds
- Teen Revision Workshops for Junior Cert Students
- Teen Revision Workshops for Leaving Cert Students
Younger children will learn French through arts & crafts, songs, games, and many more spooky activities!
For the teen workshops the focus is on preparation for the French Oral and mock exams to prepare for the Junior Cert and Leaving Cert and the courses are designed to the requirements of the certificates’ syllabus.
All classes are be led by qualified and child-friendly French-native teachers and take place in dedicated spaces at our school in Kildare Street, Dublin. All children are welcome, whatever their level of French!
dlr Mill Theatre, Dundrum have a some great shows taking place this Halloween mid-term including The Crystal Cage from October 27th to November 1st at 2.30pm daily and on October 30th enjoy a screening of Jackula at 7pm.
Croke Park’s GAA Museum is marking the ancient Irish festival of Samhain with a specially-created family event – Samhain Magic at the Museum – this Halloween. Take part in a stadium tour including the dressing rooms, warm up areas and pitchb before being treated to an Interactive Halloween Magic Show with Brian Daly. Visitors will get the opportunity to have a photo with the Liam MacCarthy Cup and the Sam Maguire and enjoy after dark entry to the GAA Museum and Interactive Games Zone.
Tickets for this evening event must be booked in advance online. Visitors should allow approximately 1.5 hours for the experience. Samhain Magic at the Museum Performances at 5pm, 6pm & 7pm on Friday October 26th to Tuesday October 30th inclusive.
Don’t forget to check out the Free Halloween Events and Workshops at the 3 National Museum of Ireland sites, Collins Barracks, Merrion Square and Kildare Street. Including – Val-halloween Mask Making, Spooky Stories, Spooky Shadow Puppets and tours and talks.
Experience great shopping, dining, special offers, free fun and family entertainment in the Heart & Soul of the city this Halloween. Come to Jervis Shopping Centre on Saturday 27th October for Topps Festival of Fun which runs from 10am to 4pm and come early to shop and socialise ahead of the spectacular Bram Stoker Festival Macnas Parade at 7pm on Monday 29th October. And don’t forget All Day Parking in Jervis Shopping Centre Carpark is just €13.
From Saturday 27th October to Monday 29th October head to Dublinia where the Delig Inis theatre group present their annual Halloween performance.
You will meet Bran the grave digger, who has the gruesome job of hauling poor souls to the local graveyard. Learn about alternative methods of healing, the dirty streets of Dublin and how Drunken Thomas upset the dead at Halloween!
This Halloween enjoy music workshops, discos and gigs for kids and families at The Ark in Temple Bar including Dracula’s Disco at Meeting House Square on Bank Holiday Monday, 29th October 2018 from 2pm – 4pm with Dracula’s own DJ Will Softly spinning the decks and scratching vinyl. Come along in costumes and dance or listen to some mysterious Bram Stoker children’s tales! This is a free event.
You might like this for the Halloween midterm, Fangtastic Frights” at Leisureplex – with a spooktacular weekend! Sat 27th & Sun 28th October, 10 am – 1 pm. €5 for a game of bowling or admission to the Zoo Adventureland for any kids in fancy dress. Free face-painting for all kids (in participating centres, face-painting availability will vary depending on centre) and free treats for all kids.
For Dublin Parents Zoo Adventureland indoor adventure play and Toddler Mornings for under 3s take place at Leisureplex locations in Dublin every Monday to Friday 10am-1pm (Stillorgan 9am-1pm). Separate toddler area for under 3’s. Height restriction applies. (Available in all Leisureplex centres EXCLUDING Cork.)
Older kids will be entertained too with bowling and quasar and for the parents, there are comfortable seating areas, so parents can relax with a tea or coffee while watching the kids having fun.
- Bricks4Kidz Halloween Camps are taking place in Sutton, Castleknock, Malahide, Churchtown/Rathfarnham, Sandyford/Stepaside and Santry this mid-term. The workshops are geared towards science, technology, engineering and maths (S.T. E. M), with kids using LEGO® to build models and play games.
- Discover + Imagination = Fun Halloween Camps take place at Imaginosity from October 29th to November 2nd 2018.
- Wild Lights at Dublin Zoo opens on November 1st 2018 and runs until January 2019. Inspired by underwater sea creatures, Wild Lights promises to be an illuminating experience for all the family.
- The annual Bram Stoker Festival promises 4 nights (and days) of deadly adventure from October 26th to 29th 2018.
- Enjoy a Samhain Haunted Forest Walk in Marlay Park on October 28th from 3.30pm to 8pm. The walk is free but you must register and collect wristbands in advance from October 6th to 21st daily at 2pm at the cricket pitch. The 3.30pm walk will be tailored to suit people with special sensory needs.
- Children aged 5 to 8 years can participate in Halloween Camps at Airfield this Halloween from October 30th to November 2nd 2018.
- Enjoy A Ghost Story on October 31st Frankenstein (Encore Screening) (rated 15) and for younger members of the family Bosco & Snow White will be at the Pavillion Theatre on October 28th.
Junior Einsteins STEM Themed Halloween Camps, Dublin, Wicklow & Kildare
Junior Einsteins have fun Halloween Themed STEM camps from October 30th to November 1st in Dunboyne, Glenageary, Naas, Howth, Knockloyn, Balbriggan, Celbridge, Clontarf, Malahide, Maynooth, Greystones. Suitable for ages 6 to 12 years camps run from 9am to 2pm.
- Lots of ghostly fun and games
- Spooky Storytelling
- Hunting for the Púca
- Witchery in the Roundhouse
- Special Parade with the Púca and the lighting of the Halloween bonfire .
Suitable for all ages – come in your spookiest fancy dress!
Visitors can enjoy Spooky Treasure Hunts throughout the mid-term break at Brigit’s Garden from October 29th to November 4th and help get rid of the spell cast by the nasty Púca!
From October 27th to November 4th 2018 from 12pm to 6pm daily it will be a spooky time to visit Slieve Aughty for their annual Family Halloween Festival Galway. With ghosts, goblins, haunted houses and of course a visit to the enchanted woods, are you brave enough to join in? There will be a face painting, tricks and treats, ponies to pet and ride, arts & crafts, a Howl-o-Ween Charity Ride, a walk to Bloody Mary’s Haunted House, a witches walk through the Enchanted Wood or a pony ride for children aged 5+ fun is guaranteed for all ages.
Delphi Resort have up to 20 activities a day running over the Halloween Mid-term break including:
Why not book the family in for an Adventure Break where you can avail of the Little Monsters Kids Club and take part in some spooky family fun?
- The Galway City Museum have some free fun workshops and tours taking place over the Halloween mid-term break including a workshop entitled Life on Board a Research Vessel on October 27th from 11am to 12pm and gallery tours on October 31st Sea-Science – The Wild Atlantic.
- Look out for details of the Galway Aboo Festival takes during the October mid-term in the Latin Quarter and the annual Macnas Halloween Parade going through the streets of Galway on October 28th 2018 from 5.30pm This year the theme is Out of the Wild Sky!
- The annual Vodafone Comedy Carnival is back in Galway from October 23rd to 29th 2018. With live comedy for adults and kids taking place throughout.
The Happy Halloween Experience 2018 at Dunnes Stores, Patrick Street promises to be Spooky Not Scary!
The experience welcomes children of all ages on October 19th to 21st and 26th to 31st 2018 to visit Witch Hattie O’Goodspell, the good witch of Munster, in her spooky home! Here you will meet other trainee witches along with Hattie and see Hattie’s hat & broom collection and inside her lair where she creates all her magic spells and potions!
The cost is €5 per child (adults free) and children will receive a small treat. A professional photographer will be on hand to capture the spooktacular visit and your can purchase a framed print afterwards if you wish.
This October bank holiday weekend, Saturday October 27th to Monday October 29th, 10.30am to 3.40pm, bring the family along to Fota House for an Autumn Squirrel Trail. There are clues to solve along the way of this self-guided trail and once you have found all the squirrels and solved all the clues, bring you sheets back to Fota House for some treats!
- The Dragon of Shandon Festival includes a Halloween Parade on October 31st 2018.
- Lord Ghoulsley’s Manor, hosts an interactive Halloween experience in Cobh on dates from October 20th to 31st 2018.
- Youghaloween Spooktacular Festival takes place in Youghal over the October bank holiday weekend.
Limerick & The South West
How to Catch a Star from Branar Téater do Pháistí a non verbal show based on the book by Oliver Jeffers suitable for ages 4 to 7 years is at glór, Ennis on October 22nd & 23rd.
The Happy Halloween Experience 2018 will be at Dunnes Stores, Jetland Centre and promises to be Spooky Not Scary! The Happy Halloween experience is open for children of all ages on October 19th to 21st and 26th to 31st 2018.
You will visit Witch Hattie O’Goodspell, the good witch of Munster, in her spooky home! You will be greeted by trainee witches and they will escort you to see Hattie’s hat & broom collection and inside her lair where she creates all her magic spells and potions! Then you will get to meet the great witch herself!
The cost is €5 per child (adults free) and children will receive a small treat. A professional photographer will be on hand to capture the spooktacular visit and your can purchase a framed print afterwards if you wish.
Halloween horror is the order of the day at Bunratty Castle and Folk Park on bank holiday Monday the 29th of October from 12 to 5pm, with something for all the family. The theme this year is Monsters, Misfits and Mayhem with gentle horror for little ones and scary horror for older kids and teens.
Great value family tickets are available on the day or for even better value buy online in advance. Contact Reservations at Bunratty Folk Park +353 (0) 61-360788 for further details.
From October 30th to November 2nd you can enjoy spook-tacular science at King John’s Castle in Limerick with Planet Science Kidz!
- The Hunt Museum, Limerick will run Halloween Workshops for children over the Halloween mid-term.
- UCH, Limerick have Brick Flicks workshops on October 27th to November 2nd and a Junior Song School workshop on November 3rd. They will also screen Monsters Inc on October 28th including a Sensory Screening.
- The annual Spleodar Family Arts Festival is on in Nenagh from October 27th to 31st 2018.
- The annual Knocknagoshel Halloween Group Ghost Trail takes place in Knocknagoshel, Co Kerry on October 28th from 6.30pm to 9.30pm.
- Moher Hill Open Farm in Liscannor is hosting a fun Halloween event on October 28th 2018 from 2pm to 5pm.
- Kenmare Halloween Howl takes place from October 26th to November 3rd 2018. Expect the unexpected!
The South East
Head to Nore Valley Farm Park, Kilkenny this Halloween for day and evening entertainment suitable for all ages. Each family can pick their own pumpkin and carve it on the farm, one free pumpkin per family. You can also try you hand at making a Scarecrow, all materials provided and enjoy all the farm has to offer during the day.
Once the sun goes down enjoy Halloween activities including a torchlight treasure hunt, scare maze and bonfire with toasted marshmallows. Evening activities must be booked online and take place on October 26th, 29th, 30th and 31st. For those staying on-site you can enjoy exclusive Halloween activities on October 27th.
Are you brave enough to take The Zip of Terror at Castlecomer Discovery Park, Kilkenny? Open on dates from October 26th to 31st from 7.30pm, you’ll zip through the night sky into the deep, dark forest full of frights! Only the bravest will survive!
Once you arrive, you will board the Halloween train, which will take you to the zipline. It’s pretty dark, and the experienced team of undertakers are ready to harness you up before you jump into the dark abyss. Will you make it to the end? If you do, you will then have to take the terrifying journey through the haunted forest, you never know what might pop up.
This event takes about 90 minutes depending on how fast you need to run!
This event is for 12+ (all under 16’s must be accompanied by a parent) Book if you dare!
This Halloween why not try something completely different? Something that will appeal to all primary school children and parents alike? The first ever Ghoul Ex-Scream-ience Workshops at the Cool Planet Experience this Halloween mid term from October 27th to 31st 2018 at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm & 3pm.
Workshops take place in the secret garden and new climate disaster dome and are set in the year 2050! The fun extends to unique costume making whilst the kids will learn all about global warming and the workshops promise to be engaging, educational, inspiring and fun. The workshops can be booked with or without the tour.
Create awe-inspiring pumpkins that will enchant your neighbourhood at Powerscourt on Oct 27th & 28th 2018 from 12pm to 3pm.
All little goblins and ghouls are welcome to dress up in their Halloween finery and get into the festive spirit.
Enjoy some delicious treats as part of the event and take your carved pumpkin creation home to scare the neighbours!
Pre book early as this event usually sells out!
From October 27th to 31st 2018 enjoy the Poisonous Halloween Pantry in the Tea Rooms at Russborough House. There will be spooky storytelling, cookie decorating and fun for all. Afterwards enjoy a stroll around the extensive grounds with a playground, maze, fairy trail and more. Or take a tour of the House if you prefer to stay indoors! Booking essential – please call 045 857497. Price €7.50 per child.
Savour Kilkenny takes place over the Halloween bank holiday weekend from October 25th to 29th 2018. With masterclasses, tasting events, interactive displays and a bustling market there will be something for everyone in the family. At Castlecomer Discovery Park you can enjoy a family BBQ in the Woods and a fun Fruits of the Forest Family Foraging Event during Savour Kilkenny.
- Bricks4Kidz Halloween Camps are taking place in Enniscorthy, Gorey, Greystones, New Ross, Rosslare, Waterford and Wexford this mid-term. The workshops are geared towards science, technology, engineering and maths (S.T. E. M), with kids using LEGO® to build models and play games.
- The acclaimed “Dare to Scare” Halloween Tour returns to Wells House and Gardens Wexford this October 30th, when the past comes to life again this Halloween, are you brave enough to take this tour?
- Kilruddery House, Co Wicklow have a pumpkin patch guarded by scarecrows and are inviting you to come along and design your own pumpkin for Halloween this midterm on October 27th & 28th 2018.
- Discover the history and mystery of the 800 year old Hook Lighthouse, the oldest intact operational lighthouse in the world, this Halloween with two evenings of thrilling tours on Saturday and Sunday, October 27th and 28th.
- If you are brave enough, get into the Spirit of Halloween with the Waterford & Suir Valley Railway’s ‘Spooky Express’ 2018 which runs on Saturday 27th October 2018.
- The Wexford Spiegeltent Festival takes place from October 12th to 29th 2018 with entertainment for all the family.
- The 65th Wexford Fringe Festival take place from October 19th to November 4th 2018.
Belvedere House and Gardens will have a host of spooky and not so spooky Halloween events for families. Including Halloween Treasure Hunts on October 27th, 28th & 29th 2018. Booking essential. Call 044 9349060 to book your place.
Also at Belvedere House The Lights After Dark event takes place on November 3rd from 7pm to 10pm. Events include:
- An amazing fireworks display
- Stunning light painting show
- Dancing for all ages at the kiddies disco
- Screams and shouts in the terror tunnel (optional!)
Book online for this fun family event.
Halloween Spooltacular at The National Stud, Kildare. Spooky Free Pony Rides on Prince & Bertie, Terrifying Face Painting, Scariest Outfit Competition, magic shows and craft workshops, the spooky tunnel experience & the opportunity to Experience the Life of a Thoroughbred, balance on the stepping stones in the Japanese Garden and take the fairy trail in St Fichara’s Garden there’s plenty of family fun to be had this Halloween at the Irish National Stud & Gardens! Spooktacular Activities run from October 27th to 29th 2018 daily at 11am-12:30pm & 2-3:30pm. You can book tickets online. Be sure to pop into the museum to see the greatest skeleton of all! And enjoy seasonal treats at the café.
Birr Castle in Offaly promise tricks and treats for all the family this Halloween midterm including; a family quest with a spooky twist, dress up competitions, face painting, pumpkin trails, movies, seasonal arts & crafts and cupcake decorating. Halloween events take place daily from October 27th to November 4th. They are included in the admission cost and cannot be pre-booked, so do come early to enjoy some seasonal fun and games!
- Are you brave enough to take a journey on the Spook-tacular Steam Train Experience this Halloween? Trains leave from Stradbally Woodland Railway, Laois at times from 4pm to 8pm on October 28th. Rides last 30 minutes.
- Come along to Wallaby Woods in Kildare on October 28th & 29th to meet witches in the Wallaby Woods Cavern. Enjoy the rush slide, bouncing on the spooky castle, music by DJ Damien and marshmallow s’mores around the camp fire. Be sure to dress up and you could win a spot prize!
- Lullymore Heritage & Discovery Park, Kildare hosts its now infamous “Halloween Happenings” for SEVEN spooky days Saturday 27th October to Friday 2nd November 2018, 10am to 6pm daily.
- Have a Halloween Adventure on the Rathwood Pumpkin Express, Carlow. Runs form October 20th to November 4th 2018.
- Glendeer Pet Farm’s SPOOKTASTIC Halloween Event takes place from October 27th October to November 4th 2018, where kids can cast spells with a scary witch, toast marshmallows over an open fire, enter the eerie maze but be warned, it’s at your own risk.
- In Offaly, the Hullabaloo! Children’s Arts Festival returns from October 28th to 31st 2018.
- It wouldn’t be Halloween without Jackula! The show is on at the Moat Theatre on October 27th 2018.
- Enjoy a Spooky Tours at the Haunted Huntington Castle, Co Carlow from October 26th to 31st 2018.
- Delta Sensory Gardens in Carlow will host a Halloween Festival on October 27th 2018 and promises to have lots of ghoulish goings on for you to enjoy.
The North East
- The Virginia Pumpkin Festival is an annual event held in the town of Virginia, Co Cavan taking place at the bank holiday weekend in October.
- Tayto Park Terrors is on for the October mid-term and runs on dates from October 20th to 30th from 6pm to 9pm. Over 14’s.
- The Spirits of Meath Halloween Festival takes place in venues across the county this October on dates from October 6th to November 4th 2018.
- Monaghan County Museum have Make Your Own Halloween Costume workshops on October 13th, 20th, 27th, 30th & 31st (4 week course)
- Lough Muckno Leisure Park have a Halloween Festival from October 27th
The North West
Halloween Fest is back at Westport House for 2018 from October 27th to 31st 2018, with frightening fun for all the family! Get ready for ghastly ghouls, jumping Jack O’Lanterns and hair-raising hocus pocus.
The annual Hallowe’en Fest at Westport House is on daily from 10am to 5pm. Watch as the House is transformed with webs, wizards and witchcraft – it’s guaranteed to rival even the latest Harry Potter novel! And this year, the Pirate Adventure Park is open all midterm long, until November 7th.
Lough SpooKey Halloween Fest takes place this year from October 27th to November 4th 2018 at Lough Key Forest Park, Boyle, Co Roscommon.
Spot prizes for the best costumes, face painting, balloon modelling, pumpkin carving, spook-tacular science shows with Planet Science Kidz, Halloween movie afternoons, interactive magic shows and enjoy extra fun at Boda Boooo!
- Bricks4Kidz Halloween Camps are taking place in several locations inDonegal this mid-term. The workshops are geared towards science, technology, engineering and maths (S.T. E. M), with kids using LEGO® to build models and play games.
- The Haunted Barn at the BID Red Barn in St Stephen’s Car Park, Sligo Town is open from October 14th to November 1st 2018 with 8 Halloween themed rooms and spooky fun for all ages to enjoy.
- The RoolaBoola Children’s Arts Festival takes place at the Linehall Arts Centre, Co Mayo from October 24th to 29th 2018.
- The Achill International Harp Festival takes place from October 26th to 29th 2018 and will feature workshops, music and more.
- The Mayo Dark Sky Festival takes place from November 2nd to 4th 2018 and will feature talks, workshops and stargazing in Newport, Mulranny and Ballycroy.
- One of Europe’s largest Halloween festivals, the Banks of the Foyle Halloween Festival takes place in Derry between 25th – 29th October 2018 and Guildhall Square is the focus for many of the events.
- Join in the Halloween fun at this year’s Halloween Monster Mash and Fireworks Display in Belfast on October 31st. Head along to the Titanic Slipways for Belfast’s biggest Halloween celebration with an evening of spooktacular theatre, macabre music, fascinating fireworks!
- Palace Stables in Armagh are running a Halloween Arts & Crafts Club on October 30th 2017.
- Little Spooks – only for the very brave! takes place at Navan Centre Armagh this Halloween on October 31st to November 1st 2018.
- Monster Manor returns to W5 Belfast on weekends from September 29th and daily from October 27th to November 4th.
- Enjoy Ghoulish treats, pumpkin carving and a Halloween Trail at The Argory, Dungannon this Halloween midterm from October 27th to 31st 2018.
- The Mac Belfast have a full line up of Spooky Halloween Events and Workshops for ages 0 to 100 years from October 27th to November 3rd 2018.
- The Marble Arch Caves and Geopoark have some fangtastic Halloween Events running from October 27th to 30th 2018.
- Take a Halloween Torchlight Tour at The Ulster American Folk Park from October 29th to 31st 2018. And enjoy Halloween Fun Days from October 20th to 31st 2018.
- Boo at the Zoo is back at Belfast Zoo on October 27th & 28th so dust off the costumes and join them for some fiendish fun for all the family!
If you run a Halloween Event and would like to include it, please add it to the comments box below.