I remember as a child being awestruck when my uncle made a coin disappear. So much so, that I wanted to learn how he did this magic trick and how I could learn it too. Learn how to walk through paper, hold water in an up-side-down glass and more with our 10 Easy Magic Tricks for Kids to Master that will keep them, and you entertained for hours!
#1. Don’t Spill
Using a sharp pencil, stick it through a bag full of water and don’t spill any! Learn the science behind this fun magic trick over on Buggy and Buddy.
#2. Disappearing Coin
This trick takes a bit of time to master, but once you have learned how it works, you will be able to amaze family and friends when you make a coin disappear in front of their eyes!
#3. Repair Torn Paper
Watch how to fool your audience into thinking that you have magically stuck torn paper back together. It’s magic!
#4. Moving Toothpick
Make a toothpick magically move across the surface of a container filled with water. The secret behind this trick is science! You will need
- A large flat container filled with water
- A toothpick
- Shampoo of Washing Up Detergent
Simply dab some shampoo or detergent onto the end of the toothpick and drop it onto the surface of the water. It will magically propel itself across the surface.
#5. Spoon Bending Trick
Watch the video below and see how you can fool your audience into thinking that you can bend spoons!
#6. Water Stays in Up-Side-Down Glass
You can wow your friends with this simple trick. Have a basin ready just in case! You will need:
- A Glass
Half fill the glass with water. Tear the cardboard into a square that will cover the top of the glass. Place the cardboard on top of the glass and holding onto it, turn the glass over. Remove your hand from the cardboard and watch as it stays in place and the water does not spill out. Again we have science to thank for this cool magic trick.
#7. Guess The Number
Amaze friends with your mind reading skills. Using the simple technique below you will always guess the number!
- Ask your participants to think of a number (you can make it between 1 and 20 but it works with any whole number)
- Get them to double it
- Then add an even number to it that you choose
- Get them to divide the answer in half
- Subtract the number they started with
- And their answer will always be half of the even number you asked them to add!
Try for yourself and remember don’t reveal how it is done and you will have hours of fun amazing friends and family!
#8. Rope Magic
Dissolve a double knot in front of your audience and leave them wondering how you did it.
#9. Hands Up
All you require for this trick is a wall and a willing participant.
- Ask your friend to place their hand, palm down, against the wall .
- Then lean towards it, so they are placing all their weight on the arm
- Stay that way for 1 minute
- Ask them to step away and as they do say “arm rise”
- Their arm will magically rise into the air
#10. Walk Through a Piece of A4 Paper
Astound your audience by showing them that you can cut a hole in an A4 piece of paper large enough for you to walk through. It is all in the cutting! See how it’s done over on All for the Boys.