Valentine’s Day is a special time for both parents and children, and nothing beats a homemade gift for a special family member. We have created a free Valentine printable that you can download for your child to create a unique Valentine gift for parents, grandparents or someone special in their lives.
Don’t miss the chance to have your say! We’re looking for parents to get involved and give their feedback on all aspects of family life. Find out more here.
Homemade gifts are always adorable, particularly for Valentine’s Day. Get your kids involved in making their own gift with this easy-to-make craft idea.
You May Also Enjoy 14 Keepsake Valentine Handprint Crafts You’ll Want to Treasure
Download Your Valentine Printable
First things first, download and print your Valentine printable. Now you will need:
- Coloured Paper
- Length of ribbon
- Patterned paper such as wrapping paper, crepe paper, tissue paper or wallpaper
- Glue (either a glue stick or craft glue)
You May Also Enjoy 16 Fun Valentine and Hearts Colouring Pages for Kids
Instructions to create your unique Valentine gift
- Print the letter out and cut around the dotted line. Use this as a template to cut your card letters out.
- Stick your letters to your ribbon to spell LOVE (using the heart as the O).
- Use the solid line to cut out the patterned paper for each letter.
- Stick the patterned paper inside each letter.
- Add your photograph to the heart.
- Cut an inverted V into the end of your ribbon to make it look pretty.
- You could also fold a small section at the top and add some string to enable your Valentine to hang your Valentine gift.
You May Also Enjoy 14 Adorable Ways to Make Valentine’s Day Special for Kids
Have your say! Did you create a Valentine gift using our Valentine printable? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!