Try this fun Christmas craft project, making this stunning 3D Snowflake Decoration. It’s very simple to do and the kids will enjoy helping too.
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers.
PS Did we mention it’s free?
You will need
- 7 sheets of A4 paper
- Stapler with staples
- Take one sheet of paper and fold it over on the diagonal then fold down the remaining part of the paper and gently tear it off so you are left with a square.
- Fold the square diagonally into a triangle then diagonally again into a smaller triangle.
- Holding one corner of the triangle, cut 3 parallel cuts not quite to the end of the other side of the triangle.
- Fold out your square. You will have 4 pairs of paper pieces.
- Take the middle two pieces and cellotape them together in the middle.
- Flip the paper over and take the next two pieces out and tape them together in the middle.
- Flip and tape two more times to make your first snowflake “arm”.
- Repeat 6 more times until you have 7 snowflake pieces.
- Take them one at a time and holding them at the top add the next one to the top so you have them all together at once so you can staple them at the top together.
- Then spread out your snowflake and staple each “arm” to its neighbour until the snowflake is joined up.
- Hang with tape or string for a lovely 3D Snowflake Decoration.
You might also enjoy:
- 10 Easy Christmas Crafts for Toddlers to Make
- Make This Jolly Christmas Countdown Calendar
- 15 Christmas Craft Ideas for Kids to Get You In the Festive Mood
Over to you now. Did you make our 3D Snowflake project? Tell us how you got on in the comments below.