Wondering what to do with all those seashells and stones you gathered at the beach? Noirin from Galway Atlantaquaria tells us how to make a shell art picture in 4 easy steps, and ensure your beach memories last the whole year round!
- An old picture frame with glass removed
- Wall Tile adhesive
- Old knife or spoon to spread adhesive
- Old shells
- Some sand and pebbles
- Googly eyes (if required)
- Liquid Latex or vanish
- Old paint brush
You may also like these 8 Stunning Shell Crafts for Kids
- Spread a layer of wall tile adhesive, about 0.5cm thick, on the back of the old picture frame.
- Place the shells on the adhesive and sprinkle sand and pebbles on to create your pattern. Add googly eyes if required.
- Leave to harden for a day or two. Once the adhesive has hardened, paint with a thin layer of liquid latex or vanish (younger kids might need a little help with this part).
- Leave to dry and add another layer of vanish or liquid latex if required.
Enjoy your picture!
Over to you! Have you made a shell picture before? Let us know your idea in the comments below.