Getting organised for Christmas can be hectic. From food to decide on, gift buying, new clothes to buy, Santa visits and pantos to organise, school shows and work parties to attend, it can be overwhelming if you leave everything to the last minute! So we have created a free 8 weeks to a stress-free Christmas planner to help, with week by week tips to help you get organised and remove that stress.
For all the fun and festivities that Christmas brings, it also requires some serious organisation skills, budgeting and more than a little juggling! We know just how easy it is to forget things along the way (teacher presents and working fairy lights?!) so we created this free 8-week planner so you can have a stress-free Christmas and enjoy time together as a family.
Read our weekly tips here, don’t forget to bookmark and you can also download our free printable version if you want too!
Our free Christmas planner makes getting organised for Christmas a breeze.
It’s free to download and print, we’ve even added to do lists and spaces for things to remember!
If you stick to the schedule you’ll be super-organised come 25th December!
8 Weeks to a Stress-Free Christmas
Week 1: Set a Budget and Book Events
- Make a list of all gifts needed/people to buy for
- Set your overall budget for gifts, then allocate an amount per person.
- If you plan on making a visit to see Santa, it is a good idea to book your spot now.
Top Tip: Keep an eye out for upcoming festive events in your area and book tickets as needed.
You May Also Enjoy 7 Top Tips To Take The Stress Out Of Christmas
Week 2: Start Buying Gifts
- Start buying gifts now to help spread the cost. If the kids haven’t settled on their list yet, start with adults and some ‘safe bets’.
- Keep an eye out for pre-Christmas offers and discounts to maximise your budget.
- This is a great time to buy generic Secret Santa gifts, vouchers, etc.
Top Tip: plan for a few extra “just in case” gifts that inevitably will be needed!
Week 3: Food Planning
- Plan your Christmas Menu and make your shopping lists. Divide your list into non-perishables you can start to buy now, and perishables that need to be bought nearer the time.
- If making it yourself, get the ingredients for your Christmas cake & pudding and make those now. (You might like to try this chocolate Christmas cake for a change!)
Top Tip: Place any Christmas Food online orders early to make sure you get the pick up time you want.
You May Also Enjoy 12 Christmas Non-Alcoholic Drinks That Will Put a Zing Into Your Season
Week 4: Plan Your December Daily Activities
- Get the kids to write their Christmas lists and letters to Santa. (Take a photo of the Santa letters so you will have all the details!)
- Buy or make your own home-made advent calendar.
- Plan out your Elf on the Shelf antics and download lots of fun EOTS ideas here
- Get festive outfits/Christmas jumpers for the family.
Top Tip: Don’t forget new PJs for the kids for Christmas Eve! What about making a Christmas Eve Box?
You May Also Enjoy Add Some Christmas Sparkle With Our Festive Style Tips for Home
Week 5: Time to Decorate and Organise Posting
- Decorate the tree and house.
- Hang a Christmas wreath.
- Buy your Christmas cards and stamps and check postage dates for sending to loved ones.
Week 6: Stock Up on Non-Perishables
- Stock up on drinks, mixers and any party food for the freezer.
- Buy any non-perishable items, biscuits, selection boxes, etc.
- Buy your wrapping paper, gift tags, bags and Sellotape.
- Don’t forget napkins, Christmas crackers for the table, etc.
Top Tip: Buy plenty of tin foil – you’ll be amazed how much you will use over the holidays!
Week 7: Prep Time
- Set aside some time to clear out or organise the fridge and freezer.
- Get any make-ahead elements of your Christmas dinner done and pop into the freezer.
- Wrap as many gifts as possible and hide them away. Don’t forget to add name tags after each gift is wrapped, to avoid any mix ups!
Top Tip: Check you have plenty of batteries in the house for those new toys, and buy them now if not.
You May Also Enjoy 12 Stunning Christmas Wrapping Ideas to Gift In Style
Week 8: Almost There!
- Make a final To-Do and final shopping list.
- Buy the final perishables.
- Collect your turkey or ham.
- Wrap final gifts.
Top Tip: Use a notes app on your phone to keep a checklist so you always have it with you.
Christmas Eve: You Made It!
- Remember to charge new electronics e.g. phones, tablets, etc. and make sure toys work before the big day!
- Wrap and organise gifts for the morning.
- Time to fill the stockings. Make sure no peeping eyes are about!
- Pour a big glass of wine or eggnog and sit back and relax!
Final Tip: Don’t forget the treat for Santa and the carrot for Rudolph!
You May Also Enjoy The 12 Laws of Christmas for Parents
Have your say! Will you use our handy Christmas planner? Do you have any other tips to make getting organised for Christmas easier? Please let us know in the comments below.