Getting organised for Christmas can be hectic. From food to decide on, gift buying, new clothes to buy, Santa visits and pantos to organise, school shows and work parties to attend, it can be overwhelming if you leave everything to the last minute! So we have created a free 8 weeks to a stress-free Christmas planner to help, brought to you in association with M&S Ireland, the perfect one-stop-shop for the festive season, with week by week tips to help you get organised and remove that stress.
For all the fun and festivities that Christmas brings, it also requires some serious organisation skills, budgeting and more than a little juggling! We know just how easy it is to forget things along the way (teacher presents and working fairy lights?!) so we created this free 8-week planner so you can have a stress-free Christmas and enjoy time together as a family. Read our weekly tips here, don’t forget to bookmark and you can also download our free printable version if you want too!
Our free Christmas planner makes getting organised for Christmas a breeze.
It’s free to download and print, we’ve even added to do lists and spaces for things to remember!
If you stick to the schedule you’ll be super-organised come 25th December!
Marks & Spencer know what parents have to organise and they are here to help. From ordering your Christmas Food, to buying new pyjamas, fun Christmas jumpers, stocking fillers and Secret Santa presents, they’ve got you covered.
8 Weeks to a Stress-Free Christmas
- Make a list of all gifts needed/people to buy for
- Plan Christmas menu(s)
- Plan and book a Santa experience for the family
Top Tip: plan for a few extra “just in case” gifts that inevitably will be needed!
You might also enjoy reading 7 Top Tips To Take The Stress Out Of Christmas
- Place your M&S Christmas Food to Order before 10th November to get your free bottle of wine/box of chocolates. This will also help spread the cost (and remove the stress) of Christmas dinner. Pay a deposit now and the rest when you pick up in-store at your chosen time on 22-24 December.
- Get the kids to write their Christmas lists and letters to Santa.
- If making yourself, get the ingredients for your Christmas cake & pudding and make those. If buying make sure to add to your M&S Christmas Food order!
Top Tip: Take a photo of the Santa letters so you will have all the details.
- Buy festive outfits/Christmas jumpers for the family and order new PJs for the kids for Late Late Toy Show and Christmas Eve!
- If you’re hosting a party, get your invites out so you don’t clash with other parties/events.
- Stock up on drinks and mixers because they’re always needed.
Top Tip: Pick an outfit for your Christmas night out with work.
You might also enjoy reading 12 Christmas Non-Alcoholic Drinks That Will Put a Zing Into Your Season
- Buy your advent calendar(s)
- Buy any non-perishable items, biscuits, selection boxes, etc. Make sure to get some extra selection boxes for unexpected younger guests calling.
- Check if you have wrapping paper, gift tags, tape and buy if not.
Top Tip: Buy plenty of tin foil – you’ll be amazed how much you will use over the holidays!
You might also enjoy reading Add Some Christmas Sparkle With Our Festive Style Tips for Home
Week 5 – It’s Late Late Toy Show week!
- Download our LLTS Bingo (there’s one for everyone!) and get ready for this year’s Late Late Toy Show on Friday 29th November this year
- Stock up on napkins and Christmas decorations for the table before your favourite ones get snapped up!
- Make sure you have plenty of treats for the Late Late Toy Show such as popcorn, festive Percy Pigs, chocolates, and don’t forget wine for Mum & Dad!
Top Tip: Book Panto tickets if you haven’t already so you have that sorted
- Start buying stocking fillers and Christmas cards.
- Get the tree down from the attic or buy your real tree. Check the fairy lights work. Decorate the tree and house. Hang a Christmas wreath.
- Order the family’s new Christmas outfits so everyone has something nice to wear on the main day
- Check final posting dates, buy stamps and post. Time to order and send gifts abroad. (Did you know M&S have an online store in the USA?)
Top Tip: Do as much shopping online as you can to save time spent stuck in traffic or queueing at checkouts.
- Buy presents for any kids friends, teachers presents and secret Santa for family
- It’s time to visit Santa Claus and enjoy some Christmas magic.
- Make any freezable elements of your Christmas dinner and pop into freezer
- Get ahead of the game and start wrapping now. Don’t forget to add name tags after each gift is wrapped, to avoid any mix ups!
Top Tip: Stash scissors, wrapping paper and tape where no one else can “borrow”
You might also enjoy reading 12 Stunning Christmas Wrapping Ideas to Gift In Style
- Start a list of last-minute prep/buys to add to throughout the week
- Buy your Christmas crackers
- Check you have plenty of batteries in the house and add to your list if not
Top Tip: Put in reminders on your mobile phone or use a notes app on your phone to keep a checklist.
Last Few Days
- Head along to your M&S store to pick up your Christmas Food order.
- Time for final present wrapping!
- Time for the perishables final shop. Don’t forget cream!
Top Tip: Buy some ready-made shortcrust pastry to keep in the fridge so you can rustle up some easy canapes or nibbles if unexpected guests stop by.
- Make sure Santa presents are all organised
- Time to fill the stockings. Make sure no peeping eyes are about!
- Remember to charge new electronics e.g. phones, tablets, etc. and make sure toys work before the big day!
- Pour yourself a big glass of wine or G&T and sit back and relax!
Final tip: Don’t forget the treat for Santa and the carrot for Rudolph!
You might also enjoy reading The 12 Laws of Christmas for Parents
Over to you now. Will you use our handy Christmas planner? Do you have any other tips to make getting organised for Christmas easier? Please let us know in the comments below.