Fun Activities for Teens to Try
Is your teen complaining of having nothing to do? Give them this list and challenge them to complete it!
#1. Write a Haiku
A Haiku poem should have seventeen syllables, in three lines of five, seven, and five. This is not as easy as it sounds!
A teen writing a
haiku could be a challenge
but you can do it!
#2. Learn to Cook One Meal Really Well
Here are the rules:
- Create a new menu and practice it
- It must include starter, main + dessert
- It must be tried out on your family
- It must be of a high standard i.e. empty plates at the end.
Check our family-friendly Recipes section for some foodie inspiration. And if you need some advice, here’s how to cook dinner in ten simple steps.
#3. Hold an Open-Mic Night
Invite some pals around and hold an open-mic night. You can do one theme e.g. poetry, comedy, music or a variety.
Tip: keep performances to a minimum/specified time slot, so each performer gets enough time.
#4. Upcycle Some Jeans
Dig up some pairs of jeans you never wear and turn them into something new. Ideas: denim skirt, shorts, oven mitt, book cover, tote bag.
More ideas on Allfreesewing.com.
#5. Research Family History with Family Members
Encourage your teen to visit or get in touch older family members and interview them, they could their phone to video some of the conversations. Things to ask about:
- What was it like when you were a teenager?
- Were your parents strict?
- Who was your favourite family member?
- What did you eat?
- What did you do to amuse yourselves?