Assistant Editor (Part-Time)
We’re looking for an experienced and creative editor with an excellent eye for detail to join the Mykidstime and our content team.
The role includes:
- Proofreading and editing articles to maximise audience engagement
- Image research to accompany content
- Uploading and formatting articles as requested on WordPress, making SEO a priority
- Reviewing existing content for necessary updates and editing to house style
- Writing and compiling articles as requested
- Working with the Editor on content planning, daily newsletter compilation, featured content, and other ad hoc duties
We’re looking for someone with these skills and attributes:
- A creative thinker with writing skills and an ability to create engaging content
- Proficient and comfortable with daily use of WordPress, online project management software, Microsoft Office, etc
- Proficient with image research, resizing, graphic creation, etc
- Experience of Canva
- An organised and detail-oriented team player
- Multi-tasking, researching and prioritising skills essential
- Able to work independently on a variety of projects, while also feeding in to a close-knit team
- Previous editing experience essential
- Experience with SEO an advantage
- Happy to work from home by themselves using different software and tools to communicate with the rest of the team.
- You don’t have to be a parent but it helps if you understand what parents are looking for from content.
You must own your own computer or laptop.
Please email your CV and cover letter with links to previous work to [email protected] subject line Assistant Editor Role before 31st October.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to do an initial phone interview then face to face interview via Zoom and assessment task if successful to next stage.
Mykidstime is a family friendly company, with flexible work hours.