Clear Start™ is a range of Dermalogica products to clean, exfoliate, target blackheads and breakouts whilst soothing and hydrating the skin using a combination of potent active ingredients such as Salicylic Acid and naturally gentle botanicals. The best of science and nature for healthy clearer skin.
Clear Start™ is tough on breakouts, gentle on your skin: to deliver your clearest, healthiest skin ever. To celebrate, they have given one lucky winner the chance to win the entire Clear Start™ range.
Dermalogica Clear Start™
When it comes to clearing blackheads, prevention is key! Blackheads form when the hair follicles, or pores are filled with excess oil, dead skin cells and breakout-causing bacteria known as cutibacterium acnes (formerly known as P. acnes). The oil (sebum) and skins natural pigment (melanin) react to the air by oxidizing and this causes the black colour at the surface.
Untreated blackheads can become breakouts, so it’s important to keep pores clear! Follow our simple steps to prevent blackheads: Prep, Treat and Glow!
- Prep: Deep Clean and Exfoliate. Get the basics right! At Dermalogica, they recommend double cleansing with the Breakout Clearing Foaming Wash. This means cleansing your skin twice. Why? This simple step removes excess oil, dead skin cells, make up and pollution that can build up on the skin and cause blackheads and breakouts to form or become worse.
- Treat: Control Bacteria and Rehydrate. Once or twice a week, apply a masque designed to help soften and clear blackheads. Why? This will help blackheads to soften and dislodge without skin damage. The Blackhead Clearing Fizz Mask is your new best friend! Its fizzing formula effectively clears pores and helps target blackheads. Technology activates upon application, helping to open pores, decongest skin and facilitate blackhead clearing. Sulfur helps keep skin clear. Kaolin Clay absorbs excess oil and purifies the skin.
- Rehydrate the skin topically before applying targeted serums, boosters and moisturisers. Why? Skin can become easily dehydrated, which in turn means tight pores that trap debris and more oil production to compensate for moisture loss. This will exacerbate blackhead formation and congestion. Skin Soothing Hydrating Lotion helps soothe discomfort and hydrate areas that feel dry. Also helps relieve the dryness often associated with some acne treatments.
- Glow: Hydrate and Defend. Wear a moisturiser every day, even if you have oily skin. Why? When your skin’s moisture levels are imbalanced, your skin produces excess oil to compensate. A moisturizer helps regulate sebum production to prevent excess oil from clogging your pores. Our pick is Cooling Aqua Jelly which is a moisturiser for oily skin that gives all the dewy glow, none of the shine – ideal! Wear a Sun Protection Factor daily like Clearing Defense SPF30. Why? To protect the skin against environmental assault, premature skin ageing and hyperpigmentation.
The Clear Start range is available from Dermalogica.ie and all authorized Dermalogica stockists.
Dermalogica revolutionized the skin care industry when it emerged into the marketplace in 1986 with innovative formulations, which excluded common irritants, including SD alcohol, lanolin, mineral oil and articifical colors and fragrances. To learn more about Dermalogica, please visit dermalogica.ie.
One lucky winner will win the entire Dermalogica Clear Start™ range including
- Breakout clearing foaming wash
- Cooling aqua jelly
- Breakout clearing booster
- Blackhead clearing fizz mask
- Skin soothing hydrating lotion
How to Enter
To enter just fill in your contact details on our form below. We’ll be in touch by email with the lucky winner after the closing date of Sunday 5th March 2023.
This competition has closed now, be sure to check out the other great prizes we are giving away!