Heat Your Home with Calor
As the winter weather sets in, many of us will be switching on the heating for longer. Did you know there are lots of small things you can do to help keep your home warm and cosy this winter?
- Make sure you are topped up – Calor customers can benefit from automatic delivery to make sure they never run out of gas. Calor monitors your tank, to ensure that radiators, cookers and heaters will always have fuel. However, If you are using a fire or a heater which is powered by Calor cylinders, make sure you have a good supply of fuel for the days ahead.
- Reduce Draughts – It is easy to reduce the amount of heat that leaves our house. Even the smallest draught can cause the temperature to drop in our homes. Closing doors and windows can greatly reduce heat loss. Draught excluders can really help to keep the heat in our homes also. Adding a rug or blanket to wooden floors can also be of benefit.
- Protect Your Pipes – Setting your thermostat at the same temperature day and night will help prevent your pipes from freezing and bursting.
- Keep Your Toes Toasty – The feeling of coldness, and even hypothermia, is more likely to begin in extremities like your head, hands and feet, so keeping your toes warm is important. Whether you’re walking to work or just around the block, make sure to wear boots, shoes and slippers with non-slip soles.
Did you know that you can switch from bulk tank oil heating to bulk tank gas heating no matter where you are living in Ireland? There is a common misconception that you need to be ‘on a gas line’ to make the switch, but with a simple boiler upgrade and a new fuel storage tank, anyone can make the switch!
Read all about the many reasons for you to consider switching from oil to Calor gas this winter.
- 2 nights for 2 people in a superior room at The Lodge at Castle Leslie Estate
- A hearty full Irish breakfast each morning
- Dinner on one evening of choice in the 2 AA Rosette award winning Snaffles Restaurant
T&C’s: Prize is valued at €700 and is valid for 5 years from date of issue and can be used on any day, subject to availability, based on 2 people sharing. No cash alternative offered.
How to Enter
To enter just answer the simple question and fill in your contact details on our form below. We’ll be in touch by email with the lucky winner after the closing date of Sunday 8th January.
Question: For how long will prices be frozen when you make the switch to Calor? (click here for a hint)
This competition has now closed.