Heat Your Home with Calor
As the winter weather sets in, many of us will be switching on the heating for longer. Did you know there are lots of small things you can do to help keep your home warm and cosy this winter?
- Make sure you are topped up – Calor customers can benefit from an automatic top up service which means there is no need to remember to place an order for gas. Instead, Calor monitors your fuel tank ensuring that your home is kept warm and cosy. You also have the option of using mobile gas heaters, which are powered by Calor cylinders, for instant heat just where you need it. Check out your local gas cylinder retailer at calorgas.ie and make sure you have a good supply of fuel for the days ahead.
- Reduce Draughts – It is easy to reduce the amount of heat that leaves our house. Even the smallest draught can cause the temperature to drop in our homes. Closing doors and windows can greatly reduce heat loss. Draught excluders can really help to keep the heat in our homes also. Adding a rug or blanket to wooden floors can also be of benefit.
- Protect Your Pipes – Setting your thermostat at the same temperature day and night will help prevent your pipes from freezing and bursting.
- Keep Your Toes Toasty – The feeling of coldness, and even hypothermia, is more likely to begin in extremities like your head, hands and feet, so keeping your toes warm is important. Whether you’re walking to work or just around the block, make sure to wear boots, shoes and slippers with non-slip soles.
Did you know that you can switch from oil fired home heating to Calor gas home heating, even in the most rural location? There is a common misconception that you need to be ‘on a gas line’ to make the switch, but with a simple boiler upgrade and a new fuel storage tank, anyone can make the switch!
- A €750 voucher to enjoy at the beautiful Castle Leslie Estate in Co Monaghan
- Enjoy luxury accommodation in The Lodge, with a hearty full Irish breakfast or choose a self-catering stay in the Old Stable Mews.
T&C’s: Prize is valued at €750 and is valid for 5 years from date of issue. It can be used on any day, subject to availability. Any balance cost for the booking at Castle Leslie which is in excess of €750 must be paid by the voucher recipient. No cash alternative offered.
How to Enter
To enter complete the survey and fill in your contact details on our form below. We’ll be in touch by email with the lucky winner after the closing date of Sunday 17th December and your voucher will arrive in the New Year.