Planet Science Kidz helps children aged 5 to 12 years to discover and explore science through hands on experiments. They offer fun science based seasonal workshops and camps and can come to your classroom, event or party to ignite the curiosity in children and empower and inspire a future generation of young scientists.
Planet Science Kidz Camps
Planet Science Kidz STEAM Science Camps are for ages 5-12. They take place during school holidays. Children attending a Planet Science Kidz Camp get to explore different topics in Science. They gain hands on scientific experience exploring topics that include but are not limited to, Biology, Chemistry, Physics & Geology.
Topics Covered Include:
- Physics (Magnetic Fields, Liquid Density, Electric circuits, conductors, insulators)
- Chemistry (Test tube Science, Acid Base Reactions, Rocket Launch, Slimy Polymers, Water filtration)
- Biology (Microscopes, plant & animal cells, Insect Structure, Biology of Blood, Capillary action)
- Geology ( Volcanoes, Tornadoes)
Summer Camps for 2019
Week Long Camp Locations:
- Lough Gur (HoneyFitz Theatre), Limerick – July 8th – 12th – 10am – 2pm €115 per child Book by calling (061) 385186 or email: email@example.com
- Oughterard, Co Galway – July 22nd – 26th 10am – 2pm €115 per child
- Birr Castle, Co Offaly – July 22nd – 26th 10am – 2pm €115 per child
- Loughrea, Co Galway – 5th – 9th August 10am – 2pm – €115 per child
- Monivea Rd., Galway – 19th – 23rd August 10am – 2pm – €115 per child
- Tullamore, Co Offaly – Saturdays in July – 10.30am – 12.30pm – 4 weeks €65 per child (July 6th, 13th, 20th & 27th)
Limited places available. Booking in advance is highly advised to avoid disappointment!
Planet Science Kidz Parties, Workshops & Events
Planet Science Kidz will bring everything needed to your venue, classroom or event and will entertain the kids for 90 minutes with a range of interactive, fun science based experiments.
At a Planet Science party, workshop or event children get to explore life on earth in a fun environment through different scientific mediums including:
Children will learn about:
- Microscopes and how scientists use this tool to discover new medicine!
- Cells, animals, microbes & plants.
- Bacteria, moulds and fungus!
It is only through the microscope that kids will appreciate that our life looks so big..
Children will explore the awesome world of chemistry with a fun ‘messy’ range of experiments including:
- 3 types of slime.
- Polymers and the chemical reaction leading to their formation.
- Use separation techniques to clean up ‘dirty’ water.
- Learn the art of separating colours.
Everything on our planet moves and interacts. At planet Science, children will learn about the different branches of physics including:
- Electricity – They will learn more about conductors vs. insulators and about light energy
- Heat – They will learn about how some liquids in nature have a very low boiling point! Children will also explore more about exothermic reactions.
- Gravity – What goes up must come down!
Geology is often overlooked. At a Planet Science workshop or event:
- Children will learn about Volcanoes and/or Fossils. These activities will allow children to understand how some of their favourite holiday destinations were formed by volcanic activity.
- Children will also learn the Science behind tornadoes and get a unique opportunity to make a tornado in a bottle. Definitely a classroom favourite…