Looking for fun and easy kids crafts ideas? Have fun making the whole family out of dough with our Family Ornaments project:
What you will need:
8 fl oz water
Ribbon or String
What to Do:
- Beat the flour, salt & water together (easier with an electric mixer) until a dough forms. Knead the dough until it is smooth.
- Divide the dough into small balls and flatten with your hand to make the face.
- Use smaller pieces of dough to make noses, hair, etc.
- You can use a drop of water to stick the noses etc to the face.
- Use a biro or pencil to make eyes and if you want a hole for hanging the ornaments, make a hole at the top of the head.
- Preheat oven to 130c / gas mark 1 / 275 deg F and bake the ornaments on a foil lined baking tray for 2 hours and allow to cool..
- Then use paints to paint the faces. You can seal them finally with a layer of varnish. Let dry and if hanging add a ribbon or string loop to each ornament.
Did you have a go at making the Family Ornaments? Tell us how you got on in the comments below.