Looking for a free fun activity for your child? Here is a A Fun FREE Game To Play With Your Child: The Button Game. Kids enjoy it and it helps them with colours and motor skills too.
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
If you are looking for a fun game to play with your child, say on a rainy day, then this game is good fun for both smaller and older kids (be warned they will get competitive!).
I have a stash of buttons tucked away with my sewing kit and one day when my youngest was bored, we got them out, sorted them and then started playing this game. Super fun!
How To Play The Button Game
You Will Need
- A selection of different coloured and sized buttons
- A tray
- A timer e.g. stop watch or kitchen timer
- Empty out all the buttons onto the tray.
- Take it in turns to match pairs of buttons. You can make a pair either by matching colour or size or shape or all three!
- Each person gets a minute and at the end of the minute jot down how many pairs they matched.
- See if they can beat the best score or beat their own score next time round.
- You will be amazed at how competitive everyone gets!
You Might Also Enjoy 100 Free Activities for Kids and More Free Things to Do
Over to you now. Did you play the Button Game? Tell us how you got on in the comments below.