Have you ever filled a Christmas Shoebox? Team Hope is calling on families, school kids and communities to root out an old shoebox and ‘get wrapping’ and help them deliver gift-filled shoeboxes to needy kids in poorer parts of the world for this year’s Christmas Shoebox Appeal 2017.
Team Hope Shoebox Appeal 2017
Over the last eighteen years Team Hope have delivered your shoeboxes to over three million children, to some of the remotest and poorest parts of the world. To children who think they’ve been forgotten, your kindness shows they haven’t been.
To get involved in the 2017 Team Shoebox Appeal, simply
- Fill a shoebox with gifts for a child (can include include pens, pencils, colouring books, toothbrushes, hairbrushes, a small item of clothing and a treat)
- Attach €4 or donate your €4 on their secure online site
- Bring it to a local drop-off point before November 10th.
To find the nearest drop-off point visit Team Hope website.
When considering items that are best to gift, think of the 4W’s:
- Write – pen, pencil, copybook, paper, colouring book, felt pens, sharpener, eraser, solar calculator (these children have no access to batteries).
- Wash– toothbrush and toothpaste, soap (wrapped), facecloth, hairbrush, comb.
- Wear – a hat, scarf, gloves, socks or underwear.
- Wow – sunglasses, games, small Irish gift, a photo of yourself, sweets (must be in date until at least April 2018), make up, a small musical instrument, toys like a doll, a car, cuddly toy, skipping rope, yo-yo or finger puppet.
In the receiving country Team Hope’s network of partners delivers the shoebox gifts right into a child’s hands – in hospitals, schools, shelters, churches, orphanages, community centres or family homes.