Have you ever filled a Christmas Shoebox? Team Hope has put out its annual appeal for families, school kids and communities to root out an old shoebox and ‘get wrapping’ to help them deliver gift-filled shoeboxes to needy kids in poorer parts of the world for this year’s Christmas Shoebox Appeal 2019.
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free? Please share this with your family & friends if you liked it!
Team Hope Shoebox Appeal 2019
Over the last 9 years Team Hope have delivered shoeboxes to over 1.8 Million children, to some of the remotest and poorest parts of the world. To children who think they’ve been forgotten, your kindness shows they haven’t been.
To get involved in the 2019 Team Shoebox Appeal, simply
- Fill a shoebox with gifts for a child (can include include pens, pencils, colouring books, toothbrushes, hairbrushes, a small item of clothing and a treat)
- Attach €4 or donate your €4 on their secure online site
- Bring it to a local drop-off point before November 8th.
To find the nearest drop-off point visit Team Hope website.
And if you don’t have a shoebox, don’t worry! You can buy a flat pack box at a number of retailers.
When considering items that are best to gift, think of the 4W’s:
- Write – pen, pencil, copybook, paper, colouring book, felt pens, sharpener, eraser, solar calculator (these children have no access to batteries).
- Wash– toothbrush and toothpaste, soap (wrapped), facecloth, hairbrush, comb.
- Wear – a hat, scarf, gloves, socks or underwear.
- Wow – sunglasses, games, small Irish gift, a photo of yourself, sweets (must be in date until at least April 2020), make up, a small musical instrument, toys like a doll, a car, cuddly toy, skipping rope, yo-yo or finger puppet.
In the receiving country Team Hope’s network of partners delivers the shoebox gifts right into a child’s hands – in hospitals, schools, shelters, churches, orphanages, community centres or family homes.