Do you have a budding architect or designer in the house? Find out what our family reviewers thought of Arckit, the new award-winning building kit:
What is ARCKIT?
ARCKIT is described as “The architectural model system that lets you design, build and modify.”
The system uses interconnecting components that are completely modular and based on modern panelled building techniques, making it possible to create a diverse range of scaled structures that can be quickly assembled and endlessly modified.
And bonus, you don’t need glue!
There are 4 different kits
- ARCKIT GO with 160 pieces
- ARCKIT 60 with 220 pieces
- ARCKIT 120 with 385 pieces
- ARCKIT 240 with 620 pieces
that you can buy.
What our reviewers thought
I tested out ARCKIT 60 with my 10 year and 14 year old daughters. The kit contains
- 220 pieces with 22 unique components (including up to 4 floor panels)
- 5 printable adhesive sheets
- A component tray to store the pieces in
- The ARCKIT Handbook which explains all the pieces and how to use them.
- You also get online access to the ARCKITEXTURE Image library where you can find a host of surface material images to use for printing on your adhesive sheets.
The kit is described as being suitable for age 12+ but my 10 year old was perfectly capable of trying the pieces and fitting them together.
Blythe’s verdict: 5 out of 5 “I loved this it’s so flexible you can design anything you like!”
My verdict: This appealed to the Grand Designs viewer in me, and actually I could see it could be very handy for any kind of home remodelling job where you want to work out different layouts. I also liked the size of the box and the fact that it all stores away neatly afterwards.
Over to you now. Have you tried ARCKIT? Tell us what you thought in the comments below.