This case study describes a campaign run on Mykidstime for The McWilliam Park Hotel as part of the national accommodation features which we run throughout the year.
The McWilliam Park Hotel is based in Claremorris in County Mayo. They wanted to promote their family friendly holidays and choose to go with a 5 feature package with Mykidstime which includes the annual Mykidstime Bumper Breakaway Competition.
How The Campaign Was Run
Mykidstime runs 5 accommodation features per year, timed to co-incide with the months before school holidays. The features are promoted in 3 main areas:
- On the home page, where an ad box appears which links to the family getaways page. This is where accommodation offers from all the featured hotels appear and each hotel’s offer text links to their full ad page.
- On the newsletter e-zines sent to 20k parents
- On all our facebook pages (our main page www.facebook.com/mykidstime and 26 county ones) where we have 26k fans. It is also promoted on individual county Twitter accounts.
For hotels who take the 5 feature package, their hotel break is also included in our annual Bumper Breakaway Competition. The hotel provides a prize, typically a 2 night break with dinner for a family of 4, and the hotel then recieves the email addresses of all the competition entrants.
Finally, as part of the accommodation package, hotels are also given an enhanced listing in the Dining and Accommodation section of their website where their ad page appears for 12 months.
What The Results Were
- There were 8,433 views of the Bumper Breakaway Competition page and 5,218 total entries with McWilliam gaining 466 new email addresses
- 2,875 people viewed the family getaways page (5 x 1 month run)
- 435 people had viewed the McWilliam Park hotel ad page
- an average post about McWilliam Park on facebook achieved 2,000+ reach with 12 engaged users
What The Customer Said
David Glynn, McWilliam Park Hotel said “We feel we have benefited enormously from working with Mykidstime. It is a very targeted marketing tactic as the demographic is made up entirely of families. We continuously get people booking who refer to the Mykidstime website. I would have no hesitation recommending Mykidstime to any other company who wants to attract families to their business.”
As a result of the successful outcome of the first campaign, The McWilliam Park hotel have repeated advertising for the 3rd consecitive year and recommend us to other hotels who are looking for advertising options for family holidays.
Like The Sound of This?
Would you like to achieve some outstanding results for your marketing spend? Contact us today and we can help you reach parents in an engaging way!