And the winner of our vote for the 2014 Mykidstime Charity of the Year is…
Aiobheanns Pink Tie
Aoibheann’s Pink Tie helps and offers practical support to the families of children diagnosed with cancer and who are attending St John’s Oncology Ward in Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital. Focused on children attending the only treatment center for childhood cancer in Ireland, we support the complete family unit, of parents and siblings, who may not understand what is happening to their Brother or Sister.
Aoibheann’s Pink Tie mission is to develop, coordinate and expand the supports available to families of children battling cancer in Ireland.
What we do is provide a practical, emotional and financial fall back to those families in need of it. The support offered varies from case to case, examples include:
· A friendly, understanding shoulder for the family to lean on
· Respite days for families – hotel overnight, tickets for a show etc
· Quality of life treatment related items such as Memory mattresses / dry suits for swimming
· Toys for all of the children in the family
· Arranging contact / visits from celebrities
· Limited emergency financial assistance for household items e.g. appliances, utility bills, travel costs etc
We raise funds through various events and public donations, all funds raised are used to support families who are recommended to us by the senior social workers and the nursing staff in Crumlin Hospital. We get no government funding or funds from the Irish Cancer Society so depend solely on donations and fund raisers. You can donate here through Paypal.
Phone: (01) 8851711
Thanks to everyone who voted, here are the final results:
These are all worthy charities that help and support children and families so we ask you to keep them in mind this year when donating to charity.
PS 2015 Charity Vote nominations will open in December 2014