Paddington Bear, having been the subject of many books and bedtime stories, has now finally come to the big screen, in a magical family movie. The loveable bear, with the red hat and duffel coat, has now come to life in the movie – here’s why you have got to go see Paddington Bear the Movie!
About the Movie
Paddington, the marmalade loving bear, has grown up deep in the Peruvian jungle with his Aunt Lucy who, inspired by a chance encounter with an English explorer, has raised her nephew to dream of an exciting life in London. When an earthquake destroys their home, Aunt Lucy decides to smuggle her young nephew on board a boat bound for England, in search of a better life.
Arriving alone at Paddington Station, Paddington soon finds that city life is not all he had imagined – until he meets the kindly Brown family, who find him with a label tied around his neck which reads ‘Please look after this bear. Thank you.’ They offer him a temporary home whilst he searches for the explorer who impressed Aunt Lucy all those years before.
But when Paddington catches the eye of a sinister, seductive taxidermist, it isn’t long before his home – and very existence – is under threat…
Why You Have Got to Go See Paddington Bear
- Once you hear David Heyman is the producer, who is also famed for producing the Harry Potter series and Gravity, then you know this will be a beautiful production. And beautiful it is indeed!
- The animation of Paddington is spectacular, and feels so real and life-like.
- This a heart-warming story of a bear who finds a home, and a family who change for the better, because they give him a home.
- There is the perfect amount of poignancy in the story, which is handled perfect for a young audience. I shed a few quiet tears at one/two moments in the movie.
- There are numerous hilariously funny scene and antics, peppered with much inadvertent house-wrecking by Paddington – I defy you not to laugh out loud!
- You and your children will actually want a real-life version of this Paddington bear to move into your house – he is adorable, and so polite.
- As a Mum who regularly attends the movies with my almost 9 yr old son, this has by far been the best movie we have seen together.
- I predict Paddington Bear, the Movie, will become a classic children’s movie for years to come.
“‘Please look after this bear. Thank you.’”
~Written by Jennifer & her wannabe movie-buff almost 9-yr old son!
Of course, this is just our opinion! Have you been to see Paddington yet? What did you think?
Did you find this article useful? Sign up for our free monthly newsletters. Follow us on facebook and Twitter, Instagram & Pinterest