Continuing our Kids Birthday Cake Ideas series, this Boxer in a Ring Cake can be made using any square cake as base.
For this you can use any sponge cake, madeira cake or even chocolate cake. I think we used a chocolate cake recipe. It has to be baked in a square tin. Or even buy a square shaped ready made cake.
Ingredients for Decoration
- Ready Roll Icing
- Blue Food Colouring
- Cocktail sticks
- Writing Icing
- Drinking Straws
Method for Decorating
- Knead the ready roll icing, slowly adding the blue food colouring to get the required colour.
- Make the figures using marzipan – kis will enjoy doing this with you. Use the cocktail sticks to hold the body parts together, and to place the figures in the ring.
- Use writing icing for facial features.
- Make the Boxing ring corner supports from marzipan, and connect with the drinking straws.
- If very young children helping, just supervise removal of cocktail sticks or eliminate these from the construction altogether
Related : Lots more Birthday Cake ideas here.
Have you made a similar cake before? Let us know in the comments below