If you’re looking for a new Brussels Sprouts recipe, then this recipe from SuperValu Ambassador Kevin Dundon for Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries, Chorizo and Bread could be the ticket for Christmas dinner. You never know, with this recipe for Brussels Sprouts, you may even convert some non Brussel Sprout eaters to give them a go!
- 100g chorizo sausage, diced into 2cm chunks
- 50g ciabatta bread rolls, cut into 2cm pieces
- 50g dried cranberries
- 500g brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 80g butter, melted
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Place the chorizo, bread, half of the butter and the thyme into the food processor and pulse once or twice. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the combined contents into a bowl.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Add the brussels sprouts and simmer for 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sprouts to a bowl of ice water. This is important to stop the cooking process.
- Heat the olive oil in a very large, heavy, non-stick frying pan over a low heat. Add the chorizo and bread mixture and cook, shaking the pan frequently to colour and caramelise the bread and chorizo. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the mixture from the pan to a small bowl and add the dried cranberries.
- Return the pan to a high heat and add the sprouts. Fry for 3 to 5 minutes, until slightly coloured. Season with salt and pepper and
add the remaining butter. Stir in the chorizo mixture and toss to combine briefly.
- Transfer to a platter and serve immediately
SuperValu have recently launched their ‘School of Christmas’ initiative with the Ray D’Arcy show on RTE Radio 1, SuperValu are searching for 20 budding novice chefs who want to learn how to cook a delicious Christmas dinner for family and friends.
SuperValu’s School of Christmas will show these cooks that cooking up a special Christmas dinner isn’t as hard as they think and with some helpful tips from SuperValu ambassadors Kevin Dundon, Martin Shanahan and Sharon Hearne Smith they can create some precious memories for them and their family.
Tune into the Ray D’Arcy show over the coming weeks for more information on how to be in with a chance of winning a place at SuperValu’s School of Christmas.
Have you converted any friends or family with this recipe for Brussels Sprouts? Please let us know in the comments box below.