This Meat-Free Root Vegetable and Lentil Penne with Lemon and Herb Dressing is the third in our series of Dee's Meat Free Mondays Recipes
This is a delicious pasta dish and is a welcome change from the tomato based sauces that we normally use. The lemon & herb dressing keeps it nice and light, while the lentils add a protein source and taste deliciously meaty!
The recipe serves 2 people.
- 1 parsnip
- 2 carrots
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 bay leaves
- bunch of parsley (chopped)
- handful of black olives (stones removed)
- half a cup of puy lentils
- juice of half a lemon
- Penne Pasta (enough for 2)
- Chopping board
- Peeler and garlic press
- 1 large pan
- 1 large pot
- Sharp knife
- Peel and chop vegetables into small dice
- Add to a pan with lentils, crushed garlic and bay leaves
- Pour over 2 cups of water and bring to the boil. More water can be added if lentils are drying out before they are cooked.
- Simmer until lentils are soft (approx 20 mins)
- Cook pasta as per instructions
- In a separate bowl add chopped parsley and black olives
- Squeeze lemon juice over mixture
- When lentils and vegetables are cooked pour dressing over them and mix
- Serve into bowls along with cooked penne
Nutritious and Delicious – Enjoy!
If you have tried this recipe let us know what you thought of it in the comments below and join Dee on her Facebook page to comment and share recipes.
Did you like this article? Sign up for our free newsletter (be sure to tick Food!) and join us on facebook and follow us on Twitter