This Meat-Free Thai Curry is the second in our series of Dee’s Meat Free Mondays Recipes
This beat’s a take-away hands down! And it is tasty and ready in minutes. There are some excellent Thai Curry Pastes around if you don’t have time to make your own.
The recipe serves 2 hungry people.
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- Frozen Green Beans ( I like the Aldi ones)
- 2 teaspoons of red curry paste (put in an extra one if you like it hot)
- Bamboo Shoots (tinned or jar) chopped into strips
- half a block of tofu
- half a green pepper sliced
- half a red pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- Chopping board
- Baking Tray
- 2 x large pots one with a lid
- Large colander
- Sharp knife
- Pre-heat oven to 220C.
- Cut tofu into small squares and place in a clean tea towel. Squeeze out any excess water.
- Place on a baking tray and sprinkle with oil, salt and pepper if you wish.
- Bake for 10 mins.
- Heat a large pan or wok and add curry paste and coconut milk, stirring all the time.
- Add all the vegetables, cover and cook for 10 mins.
- Cook rice according to instructions.
- Serve into bowls and add tofu to the top.
Note: The vegetables will cook even if they are not covered by the coconut milk. You may like to add extra chopped red chillies too.