We love some child-friendly baking, and simple cupcakes are always popular. Whether these are for a family treat, a party favourite or a bake sale, these easy bunny cupcakes are cute – almost too cute to eat….
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
In a great spin on the classic butterfly bun, these kid-friendly bunny cupcakes are easy and quick to bake – and super fun to decorate!
You May Also Enjoy Make Your Easter Cupcakes Rock With These 10 Insanely Cute Ideas
Bunny Cupcakes Recipe
- 190g The Pantry Self Raising Flour
- 190g The Pantry Caster sugar
- 190g Perfect For Cakes Soft Spread
- 200g Choceur Smooth White Chocolate Bar
- 3 Medium Free Range Eggs
- 454g Pack Ready to Roll White Icing
- 1 tbsp Grandessa Honey
- Dominion Strawberry Laces
- Chocolate Buttons or chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- If you have a food processor add the eggs, spread, caster sugar and flour and pulse until well blended; if not, beat the spread with the sugar, then beat in the eggs, and then whisk in the flour until smooth.
- Line a cupcake tin with paper cases, three-quarters fill each with some mixture.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until risen and firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool then cut off the risen dome, to make the cakes flat on top.
- Cut this piece into half for the ears.
- Roll out the icing, cut out rounds and put on the cakes.
- Apply a thin brushing of honey, grate the chocolate, and sprinkle over the honey.
- Make two holes and put the cut tops in as ears.
- Cut shapes from the ready to roll icing for its teeth, chocolate buttons for eyes, laces for whiskers and half a button for its nose.
Recipe courtesy of Aldi. You can find more recipes at www.Aldi.ie
You May Also Enjoy Upside Down Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
Have you tried these cute bunny cupcakes yet? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!