Spaghetti Bolognese is one meal that the whole family agree is tasty and delicious . Follow my easy spaghetti bolognese recipe and have them coming back for seconds. For picky eaters or younger members of the family you could blitz the meat mixture with a hand held soup blender to get rid of any ‘lumps’.
- 500g Minced Beef/lamb/turkey
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 2 or 3 carrots chopped finely
- 10 – 15 Mushrooms
- 1 Tin Tomatoes or 1 Jar Passata
- Mixed Herbs (oregano and Marjoram)
- Half a stick Celery
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 beef or mushroom stock cube/pot
- No need for oil, heat your saucepan and brown your mince.
- Remove meat and add onions, cook until softened.
- Add the chopped carrots and mince back to the pan.
- Add the herbs and bay leaf, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Once the carrots begin to soften add the tomatoes and stock – there is no need for water.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes on a low heat.
- Cook your pasta. Once your pasta is ready blend your meat sauce if you wish and spoon over the pasta. Sprinkle with cheese and enjoy.
Top tip: If you make a double batch of the meat sauce it can be turned into Lasagne for the following day.
You may also like 10 Go To Family Dinner Ideas Every Parent Should Know.
Do you have any extra ingredients you add to your spaghetti bolognese ? Please let us know in comments below.