We all love sitting down for Christmas dinner (once the work is out the way!) but Christmas dinner preferences vary widely according to a new survey. Read on to find out some Fascinating Facts about Christmas Dinner:
Don’t miss the chance to have your say! We’re looking for parents to get involved and give their feedback on all aspects of family life. Find out more here.
There are some really interesting facts from recent research compiled by AO.com, which looked into likes and dislikes for Christmas food & drink for Christmas Day.
Christmas Dinner Facts
- Turkey is still top choice with close to 60% of people choosing it for Christmas dinner
- While only 5% will be eating veggie for Christmas, 34% said they were open to having a vegetarian option instead of turkey!
- 45% of people said that roast potatoes are a must-have for Christmas dinner while only 7% opted for mashed potatoes
- 23% will be enjoying wine with their Christmas dinner
- 22% of people spend more than 2 hours at the Christmas dinner table
- 20% will be eating out for Christmas dinner this year
- Northern Ireland will be 2nd for spending on Christmas Food & Drink, just behind London
Provided by Ao.com
Recommended Reading: 8 Alternative Christmas Dinner Ideas If You Don’t Want Turkey