We all love sitting down for Christmas dinner (once the work is out the way!) but Christmas dinner preferences vary widely according to a new survey. Read on to find out some Fascinating Facts about Christmas Dinner:
There are some really interesting facts from recent research compiled by AO.com, which looked into likes and dislikes for Christmas food & drink for Christmas Day.
Christmas Dinner Facts
- Turkey is still top choice with close to 60% of people choosing it for Christmas dinner
- While only 5% will be eating veggie for Christmas, 34% said they were open to having a vegetarian option instead of turkey!
- 45% of people said that roast potatoes are a must-have for Christmas dinner while only 7% opted for mashed potatoes
- 23% will be enjoying wine with their Christmas dinner
- 22% of people spend more than 2 hours at the Christmas dinner table
- 20% will be eating out for Christmas dinner this year
- Northern Ireland will be 2nd for spending on Christmas Food & Drink, just behind London
Provided by Ao.com
Over to you now. Do your preferences match any of the surveyed preferences? Tell us in the comments below.